Official Dallas/North Texas Ampfest Thread 3/23/19 1-6PM

Bringing Luxxtone Calavera with Luxxtone/Arcane Hot Alnico 8 bridge and Luxxtone PAF, Bernie Rico Jr Vixen JB/59, Washburn Custom Shop Idol JB/59. Maybe my USACG, probably not

Will bring my Klon(e)

LPMojoGL":374bj0fq said:
LunatiBSW":374bj0fq said:
MrDowntown":374bj0fq said:
interested to see how the PRS MT15 hangs with the bigger heads
It doesn’t, I bought one when they first came out, sent it packing real fast.
If it was my only head it may be cool. But played next to any of my big boys, and it didn’t do it for me.
It will seem like a toy honestly with the amps showing up. :LOL: :LOL:

Agreed, after playing one. First impression was good clean and good hi gain at home volumes, kinda like the Orange Terror amps.

scottosan":374bj0fq said:
Junk Yard Dog":374bj0fq said:
Hey Gents,

Saturday's coming up. I'm the one that rented Room from 1-6pm. That includes load in and out. Room was $125 and I prepaid so any chipping in is appreciated.

One thing I didn't think of is perhaps it would have been better to have two smaller rooms, so we could have multiple amps going at one time without "bumping into one another" but... One big room should work well.

Look forward to seeing all there. If anyone wants to connect beforehand or swap phone digits, PM me.

Looking forward to it Saturday. The weather is supposed to be shit, so it's a good day to blast eardrums.
I'll give you a ring tomortow and throw some cash your way. Gonna spend tomorrow changing strings and packing. I'm also looking forward to here different guitars a pickups through my amp. I'm a creature of habit and all my stuff is similar

Speaking of guitars, who is bringing what? Was planning on bringing a Satchel Charvel. Have a killer SG with a Motor City Detroiter in the bridge and an Explorer with a Wagner Godwood set, if anyone wants to check em out.
been wanting to hear the Wagner and MC stuff as well as a fan of anything tiger striped :rock:

Okay gents, this is happening. See you in a few hours. 1pm @ Universal Rehearsal, 2636 Walnut Hill Ln #200, Dallas, TX 75229

Not sure if it's going to rain, but I have a box of painters plastic sheeting and blue tape anyone can use to cover their stuff depending on the loading entrance there. I'll try to get there early enough to figure it out

I’m getting shit ready now.
I’m gonna bring my esp with emg’s Also.
Bringing:
-Bogner Uberkab
-wiz 50 Mc
-Jp2c
-modded slax
-2 lefty guitar (actives/passives)
-I’ll bring a 15’ speaker cable in case we get some cab comparisons going.

I really wanna bring the big Friedman cab. But it’s upstairs in the recording lair. I just brought the uberkab down, No way that big ass thing is coming down haha.

Anyone bringing boosts or Fx?
Trying to decide if I wanna bring my board

LunatiBSW":266onsk6 said:
Bringing:
-Bogner Uberkab
-wiz 50 Mc
-Jp2c
-modded slax

I really wanna bring the big Friedman cab. But it’s upstairs in the recording lair, after I brought the uberkab down. No way haha.

Klon and some miscellaneous time-based effects

scottosan":3h7liowf said:
LunatiBSW":3h7liowf said:
Bringing:
-Bogner Uberkab
-wiz 50 Mc
-Jp2c
-modded slax

I really wanna bring the big Friedman cab. But it’s upstairs in the recording lair, after I brought the uberkab down. No way haha.

Klon and some miscellaneous time-based effects

Nice! Is saw your Neunaber reverb post, I’m interested in hearing it vs my eventide timefactor. I’ll bring it and savage drive, VFE focus, jhs bonsai, and my fortin Zuul

That was fun my dudes... great to meet you and great to see old friends as well. You guys are bad ass slingers for sure...

Listening to some videos right now.

The Zoom did the trick. Y'all are gonna dig this. It's effin badass.

LPMojoGL":zrmhdgkn said:
Listening to some videos right now.

The Zoom did the trick. Y'all are gonna dig this. It's effin badass.
Listening to my iPad.vids and not so excited on the results. Cant wait to hear the quality recording, although I might have to wait until Wednesday when I get my full hearing back :D

I visited with Scott (scottosan) at Charley's on Saturday. What a fantastic guy with a wealth of knowledge! Sorry I missed but I had stuff that afternoon (and it sounds like it would not have done my tinnitus any favors!).

Can't wait to see the videos. We have a wealth of amp talent in North Texas. Nice, knowledgable people.

Rdodson":tp862ynn said:
I visited with Scott (scottosan) at Charley's on Saturday. What a fantastic guy with a wealth of knowledge! Sorry I missed but I had stuff that afternoon (and it sounds like it would not have done my tinnitus any favors!).

Can't wait to see the videos. We have a wealth of amp talent in North Texas. Nice, knowledgable people.
Thanks Ron was good to meet you too at Charley's. We had a blast and the volumes were pretty much at gigging levels. I was going to post some iPad videos but they won't do it justice Our ears were in for a long day, as we started out with the Wizard, one of my favorites. It's was a 50 watter but sounded the loudest. I know the camera was on most of the time, so I'm sure it will take a little time to edit through everything

So many great/cool/easy people in one room. Nothing but love and support from everyone. My crew of best beasties were as impressed as I was with the quality of people there.

The amps were fantastic. Tones were glorious.

A big Texas sized thank you to scottosan and junk yard dog for making it happen. And to everyone else for making a great memory for me.

Metlupass2":9hey298v said:
Any pictures or videos from this sausage fest?
Hopefully soon the camera was going for the whole 5 hours so it's alot to edit through, but the indications from LPMojo is that it's going to be glorious

Back