Abbath78 scammed me

• Thread starter Deleted member 3520
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3520

Scammed me, held onto my amp and money for a long time, claiming the amp was broken. I found him selling it here and on Reverb, USING MY PICTURE IN MY ROOM THAT I LISTED! He ended up telling the truth about lying after a month of fighting. Don’t sell to this guy, he will use the equipment and claim it has problems if he doesn’t like it.

wow...
couple of good deal threads w/ him on the Feedback section. you may want to post over there as well if you guys really got cross-legged. it'll stay there, yet become buried on the classifieds.

By his feedback he obviously has done a lot of good deals...but telling me the amp i sold him is broken and holding all the money...but selling it here and on Reverb for more money as mint? That’s crap.

not disagreeing it is/was a shitty move...merely suggesting you also put your feedback in the feedback section of the forum.

fatbagg":159s7556 said:
Ah ok, gotcha.
I thought the payment and shipment were somewhat simultaneous? So you shipped the amp before receiving payment? Just trying to fully understand, if that's the case u sent it n good faith and got taken for a ride? How pleasant that must have felt. WTF

Beandust":s657odns said:
fatbagg":s657odns said:
Ah ok, gotcha.
I thought the payment and shipment were somewhat simultaneous? So you shipped the amp before receiving payment? Just trying to fully understand, if that's the case u sent it n good faith and got taken for a ride? How pleasant that must have felt. WTF

He sent the money first, because it was a large amount, PayPal put it on hold until shipment was confirmed. No problem. Then after 3 days he opened a dispute with PayPal saying the amp was not working and damaged. This went on and on...meanwhile he was selling it here and on Reverb as mint and all this stuff. I would have never caught him had he not used the picture of the amp in my bedroom. After I upload links and pictures to email he dropped the dispute, coincidently as it was sold here. I have so much proof. The guy has good feedback, but I would avoid selling him anything, cause if he doesn’t like it he will claim it’s damaged.

His response when he was caught was ‘it’s my amp I can do what I want’.

fatbagg":p8kkyhsr said:
Scammed me, held onto my amp and money for a long time, claiming the amp was broken. I found him selling it here and on Reverb, USING MY PICTURE IN MY ROOM THAT I LISTED! He ended up telling the truth about lying after a month of fighting. Don’t sell to this guy, he will use the equipment and claim it has problems if he doesn’t like it.

This type of behavior seems to be getting worse from people. I sold an item to a guy on ebay recently, he immediately tried to say there is an issue, I told him my other identical item that I still had was exactly like the one I shipped him and that's how they were. I told him if truly felt there was an issue with it I would gladly take it back and issue a full refund but he would have to pay shipping on his end to return it. I gave him tens days to return it, he would never respond. WTF? After the tens days I told him the return offer was null and void as I gave him ample time to return the item.

Even after the last email, still no response at all.

So did he file a claim for a return on your amp through Reverb? Yes alot of buyers are using false claims these days. A recent case from someone here was a guy holding a Mesa Power amp for three months after taking delivery then saying it was damaged in shipping, filed a PP claim, the seller was forced to give a refund and the buyer never shipped the amp back to him and then was selling it on Ebay with the same pictures. The buyer had used PP credit to purchase and it seems PP stuck it to the seller so they wouldn't lose their money. He was suing PP, I not sure how it worked out.

Did you finally get your money from him?

In ten plus years of selling and trading here/TGP/Reverb, I’ve never put someone on blast. However, when 3,000 dollars is held for weeks while someone has my equipment saying it’s damaged and Inhave to see it being sold elsewhere? That’s not cool. If I get in trouble for this I understand, but if it keeps someone from getting F’ed, then it was worth it.

He didn’t file through Reverb for a refund...he couldn’t, he was reselling it there. He contacted PayPal directly.

fatbagg":2ix7e8ro said:
He didn’t file through Reverb for a refund...he couldn’t, he was reselling it there. He contacted PayPal directly.
I guess I am not sure why it wasnt shipped back when received damaged" seems I would have the second he said it was broke... send it back keep.your money, so I guess you were waiting for him to asses a broken price and then agree or not to accept that? Whole deal sounds convoluted almost. If I shipped an amp someone gets it says its broke I am sending a label to get it back. No wait necessary. Ymmv

True. The reason it wasn’t sent is he was trying to sell it as well. When money is pending with PayPal it has to be released from the buyer when Item is received. He refused to do this. After three days, the money is released, however on day three he put in a PayPal dispute. On day three he can no longer get an instant refund. By this time he was selling it elsewhere. Was also a $200 shipping charge to Canada which I had to pay out of pocket, would have been both ways.

fatbagg":3clzouo2 said:
In ten plus years of selling and trading here/TGP/Reverb, I’ve never put someone on blast. However, when 3,000 dollars is held for weeks while someone has my equipment saying it’s damaged and Inhave to see it being sold elsewhere? That’s not cool. If I get in trouble for this I understand, but if it keeps someone from getting F’ed, then it was worth it.

So did PP side with you and force him to give back your refund after you showed them he was listing your amp on Reverb and sitting on your money? I think behavior like you describe should be called out, it cannot be justified in any way. If there was an issue with the amp you sold he should have returned it not held your money.

So I assume he ended up keeping your amp and returning your forced refund by what you have stated.

That is exactly what happened. Once he got ‘caught’ lying and I proved it to PayPal he no longer had a case.

fatbagg":efuo1i3s said:
That is exactly what happened. Once he got ‘caught’ lying and I proved it to PayPal he no longer had a case.

Lol, you sent me an amp with a mish mash of crappy defective preamp tubes and I scammed you? Nice try kid

Maybe I should post the message you sent claiming you changed all tubes and nothing was fixed. I got all the proof in the world that your the exact person that I would never deal with.

All the gear people have on this forum and pre amp tubes cause a fucking dispute? That is Fucking pathetic period. If 2 people cant be happy selling a tube amp over pre amp tubes and work out an agreement without paypal even being involved is so pathetic it sucks to even be reading this shit. Pathetic. Maybe it was 2000 dollar nos stock RCA 12ax7 pres... my fault

Beandust":29d00z63 said:
All the gear people have on this forum and pre amp tubes cause a fucking dispute? That is Fucking pathetic period. If 2 people cant be happy selling a tube amp over pre amp tubes and work out an agreement without paypal even being involved is so pathetic it sucks to even be reading this shit. Pathetic. Maybe it was 2000 dollar nos stock RCA 12ax7 pres... my fault

If it was just Preamp tubes, no problem. But I’m not coming out of pocket $200 and refunding for something that you are selling as mint behind my back. I also offered to buy a whole new set for him.

Back