Abbath78 scammed me

• Thread starter Deleted member 3520
  • Start date
I’m not gonna bicker back and forth. People can make their own decisions. I just hope you are fair to the next person.

fatbagg":38eyewdb said:
Beandust":38eyewdb said:
All the gear people have on this forum and pre amp tubes cause a fucking dispute? That is Fucking pathetic period. If 2 people cant be happy selling a tube amp over pre amp tubes and work out an agreement without paypal even being involved is so pathetic it sucks to even be reading this shit. Pathetic. Maybe it was 2000 dollar nos stock RCA 12ax7 pres... my fault

If it was just Preamp tubes, no problem. But I’m not coming out of pocket $200 and refunding for something that you are selling as mint behind my back.

Yes, the preamp tubes in a amp listed as mint should work. Which is why I replaced the garbage you had in there before I sold the amp. Regardless, I won't be disputing this any further as it's a closed case with Paypal. The fact that you felt the need to make a post in the classified section of a gear site only reinforces your immaturity. Peace

It does look like abbath78 was trying to pull a fast one here. It is a shame basic moral ethics has been shunned by society these days. It looks like he just didn't like the amp and wanted the option to have some time to play it but have the option to return it.

If you want to do the buy and try these people need to buy new from Sweetwater or Musicians Friend.

Can you imagine what the return rate is at Sweetwater?

This is wack.
abbath, you say you replaced the tubes but believe the amp is still defective and demand a return.
None of that is in the ad here on RT...we're supposed to believe you just didn't feel like waiting on a PayPal dispute to resolve? If the amp was fine as stated in the RT ad, then there is no dispute. If the amp is defective, then the RT ad is a misleading scam.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt earlier, but unless I'm missing something, your rep is cooked here :thumbsdown:

abbath78":mtucfdl6 said:
fatbagg":mtucfdl6 said:
Beandust":mtucfdl6 said:
All the gear people have on this forum and pre amp tubes cause a fucking dispute? That is Fucking pathetic period. If 2 people cant be happy selling a tube amp over pre amp tubes and work out an agreement without paypal even being involved is so pathetic it sucks to even be reading this shit. Pathetic. Maybe it was 2000 dollar nos stock RCA 12ax7 pres... my fault

If it was just Preamp tubes, no problem. But I’m not coming out of pocket $200 and refunding for something that you are selling as mint behind my back.

Yes, the preamp tubes in a amp listed as mint should work. Which is why I replaced the garbage you had in there before I sold the amp. Regardless, I won't be disputing this any further as it's a closed case with Paypal. The fact that you felt the need to make a post in the classified section of a gear site only reinforces your immaturity. Peace

Well you’re claimed that you replaced all of the tubes and the amp still did not work as posted. Also posted is the fact that while you were telling me this the amp was being sold as mint somewhere else. No matter which way you cut this you were being deceiving and lying to someone. To me a $3000 sale should be done in complete honesty and transparency. If you were really having these issues, which obviously you weren’t, why wouldn’t you disclose it in the sale? That in itself is untrustworthy. I really hate to put all this out, as I’m sure somewhere you’re a good dude, but Let’s not talk about level of immaturity

abbath you are coming off really bad here. You should probably try to make it right. Reputations follow you around on the net when you pull stuff like this.

Abbath, you offered to trade the Helios in question for my ESP Kamikaze, which I initially agreed to. You then decided to change your mind after I agreed to it. That part is fine, people change their minds, but were you offering me the same amp that you told the OP you believed was defective?? Was I going to potentially get an amp that sounded like a wah or flanger was on channel 2?? Maybe there’s an explanation but it doesn’t appear that there is.

A buddy of mine was about to pull the trigger on a cash buy on this amp. Glad he didn’t at this point...

Someone did buy this amp. Hopefully they’re aware of the issues on channel 2.

The way I see it -

1) If it was defective it should not have been sold here as mint.

2) If it wasn’t defective, a claim shouldn’t have been made with PayPal and the guy’s money withheld.

3) If you believed preamp tubes were the issue, it takes 5 minutes to install replacements and test it. You should have known right away what the bottom line was.

2rCHpn7l.jpg

Makes sense now. Why would a brand new amp have “brand new preamp and power tubes.” Only supports the evidence that there was something up with it.

EtADxODl.jpg

As someone standing way off on the side line here, this certainly doesn't have a good look for abbath78. I PM'd him asking his take on the amp and there was no mention of wah or flange sounds or a questionable loop. And as we all can see it was listed as mint.

However, I am curious how this is explained? https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... t-28266796

I have been kicking around the idea of buying an Eclipse so I have been watching threads about them including watching what is on Reverb for sale. When yours was posted for sale and this thread was started around the same time it didn't sit right with me. The amp is making too much noise and acting strange in a high gain mode, yet it is for sale?
It would have felt better if A) the questionable operation in that channel/mode was disclosed or B) that thread had a resolution to it, meaning you came back and said something like 'yup it was a bunk V2 preamp tube...all is well'

Too much doesn't add up from either side for me.

I usually stay out of the drama threads but..Wow.

Paraphrasing here but

"I paid for it so I can do with it what I want, but I'll drop the dispute because I don't have time to jump through the hoops PayPal requires to get a refund."

No my man, you got caught trying to beat someone out of a couple grand whether it be the guy you bought it from or the person you were selling it to. Scumbag move all around.

peckhart":24kd70my said:
As someone standing way off on the side line here, this certainly doesn't have a good look for abbath78. I PM'd him asking his take on the amp and there was no mention of wah or flange sounds or a questionable loop. And as we all can see it was listed as mint.

However, I am curious how this is explained? https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... t-28266796

I have been kicking around the idea of buying an Eclipse so I have been watching threads about them including watching what is on Reverb for sale. When yours was posted for sale and this thread was started around the same time it didn't sit right with me. The amp is making too much noise and acting strange in a high gain mode, yet it is for sale?
It would have felt better if A) the questionable operation in that channel/mode was disclosed or B) that thread had a resolution to it, meaning you came back and said something like 'yup it was a bunk V2 preamp tube...all is well'

Too much doesn't add up from either side for me.

Eclipse plus mode is noisy. I wasn’t expecting this, so I emailed Bogner. Here is their response
https://imgur.com/a/CddHaZ0

Eclipse+ is noisy by nature of 6 gain stages, will feedback at stage volume unless gain is dialed back. This is coming from bogner, per that email. There was no issue

Ok, guess I'm going to make one more statement ?. I'm not sure why this whole thing has turned into one big devious conspiracy as it was all pretty straightforward. I thought there was something else wrong with the amp than just the preamp tubes so I filed a dispute. Turned out it was just tubes so I dropped the case, seller was paid every cent. I decided to sell the amp so I purchased a new set of preamp tubes for it. Buyer is getting a mint condition, perfectly functioning amp with new preamp tubes. Everything else is up to whomever to believe what they want, but I've never "ripped off" anyone in my life and feel no need to defend my character. Cheers all

abbath78":aua9iqs9 said:
Ok, guess I'm going to make one more statement ?. I'm not sure why this whole thing has turned into one big devious conspiracy as it was all pretty straightforward. I thought there was something else wrong with the amp than just the preamp tubes so I filed a dispute. Turned out it was just tubes so I dropped the case, seller was paid every cent. I decided to sell the amp so I purchased a new set of preamp tubes for it. Buyer is getting a mint condition, perfectly functioning amp with new preamp tubes. Everything else is up to whomever to believe what they want, but I've never "ripped off" anyone in my life and feel no need to defend my character. Cheers all

If that’s the case then (as shown above) you put and continue the claim AFTER changing tubes and claimed the amp wasn’t working, the loop wasn’t working, and there was a Wah and flanger noise? If it was still problematic, why were you selling it as mint? Why lie about something so silly? Actually don’t answer that. I’m done here. I just wanted to let people know how wrong you treated me and the entire integrity of honesty and amp selling/trading. It’s gonna be hard for me to feel confident going forward. You don’t need to defend your character, but people should know to be weary of you in the future.

I didn’t want drama, and I absolutely apologize for the slandering and the blasting. I was highly wronged, and I hope going forward you treat the next person with honesty and integrity. I could have put a lot more here, but I don’t feel the need.

abbath78":7qbin7mp said:

I’m trying to be objective. But you’re totally contradicting yourself here:

2rCHpn7l.jpg

abbath78":1460agu4 said:
fatbagg":1460agu4 said:
Beandust":1460agu4 said:

This isn't guitar center bud. Should always be prepared to get a bad tube on a used amp. Even brand new amps have defective tubes out of the box or damaged from shipping. If you want a warranty go to GC or buy new.

Yeah technically you can file a dispute for this and I can understand simply not knowing what the issue was and filing a claim but reading between the lines with all the other comments and other ads and forums, etc...yikes. As a forum member with previous deals you should already know tubes are made of glass.

Shady is right ! Abbath, you listed the amp on Reverb for sale while you had an open paypal claim on it for being defective ? Only way this would make sense in your favor is if you dropped the claim first and then listed it for sale , not the other way around.

Back