Abbath78 scammed me

• Thread starter Deleted member 3520
  • Start date
People = shit

Your new lies are contradicting your old lies. The few things we actually have is our character, once that is lost you are worthless.

Ban his IP so he doesn't come back under a new name.

Anyone who files a paypal claim over tube issues deserves to be banned from rig talk. When you buy a used amp you better be ready to roll all tubes. If you don’t understand this you have a lot of learning to do. Bye Felicia.

This type of fraudulent behavior is really becoming prevalent these days, esp on ebay... damn shame

Question to the OP. I dont think this has been asked, if so pardon me.. How did the amp sound when you played it? It's a handwired Bogner so anything short of fucking awsome would shock me. Abbath has tons of amp playing experience so this entire explanation on his behalf reeks of shit. Conspiracy? Someone's out to sell you gear and slander your reputation? Laughable! U never ripped anyone off in your life" so holding funds while you flip an amp u bought isnt ripping anyone off, no theft , so I guess as long as he gets his money as he did that's not wrong at all. Glad to know! Now the image used to list the amp while you were claiming it was defective been fattbags original photo would this have even been detected and wed all be your bitches obviously WOW

fatbagg":26ytkmjj said:
The Helios Eclipse is insanely good! Here is me playing that exact amp before it was shipped out, one dream theater piece and one freestyle play on Eclipse+ mode.

https://youtu.be/Lgk_BIilenc

https://youtu.be/K9P_OyMhxyU
Thaanks for posting these. Sounds awsome, bad pre amp tubes my ass! Thanks for the heads up. Cant wait to jump in the classifieds on these findings. Sorry for your experience, glad it did resolve after your 30 day loan was paid back.. great chops!

We are probably getting off track but I have an Eclipse now too that just showed up ! I almost bought the one Abbath was selling, good thing I didnt ! ! Anyways yeah its a great sounding amp , has a forward midrange and a smooth high end . Can get plenty tight for rhythm and has a great lead tone. One of those do it all, cover alot of ground type amps.

hatrick00":3axvvisk said:
Anyone who files a paypal claim over tube issues deserves to be banned from rig talk. When you buy a used amp you better be ready to roll all tubes. If you don’t understand this you have a lot of learning to do. Bye Felicia.

Agreed. Have spare tubes, and suck it up. It happens.

Now, knowingly selling something with bad tubes, that's another story.

the4thlast1":8zrv1enq said:
We are probably getting off track but I have an Eclipse now too that just showed up ! I almost bought the one Abbath was selling, good thing I didnt ! ! Anyways yeah its a great sounding amp , has a forward midrange and a smooth high end . Can get plenty tight for rhythm and has a great lead tone. One of those do it all, cover alot of ground type amps.

I had the original Helios, and loved it.

the4thlast1":5j4tmdl9 said:

I’m kind of finding myself wishing I didn’t sell it. It was great. I replaced it with a JP2C and not content with it. At least I have my Herbert.

Well, I guess I should weigh in here since I’m the guy who bought it.
I did see all your videos on it, including the ones posted above (I watched every Eclipse video on YouTube multiple times actually) and started a thread on it vs the Helios and Ecstasy. I dwelled on getting one for months and bought a Splawn Quick Rod, Fryette Sig X and a few other things instead. But knew I’d end up getting one until I eventually caved and bought one.

I don’t know or care to get into what happened here. I buy, sell and trade a lot and I’ve traded with Abbath before and it was smooth, even though we had to work through a Canadian postal strike. So I felt pretty safe in buying and still feel good about the purchase. It’s on the way and I can’t wait to get it. At the price point, I’d get anything repaired, but I don’t expect it to have any issues.

I’m sorry things went down like this. Maybe things could have worked out better if you guys would have picked up the phone and spoken to one another. Not judging, but usually that would make a big difference in working things out, especially in a tight-nit amp community. But what’s done is done I guess.

maddnotez":mogc8vcj said:
abbath78":mogc8vcj said:
fatbagg":mogc8vcj said:
Beandust":mogc8vcj said:
All the gear people have on this forum and pre amp tubes cause a fucking dispute? That is Fucking pathetic period. If 2 people cant be happy selling a tube amp over pre amp tubes and work out an agreement without paypal even being involved is so pathetic it sucks to even be reading this shit. Pathetic. Maybe it was 2000 dollar nos stock RCA 12ax7 pres... my fault

If it was just Preamp tubes, no problem. But I’m not coming out of pocket $200 and refunding for something that you are selling as mint behind my back.

Yes, the preamp tubes in a amp listed as mint should work. Which is why I replaced the garbage you had in there before I sold the amp. Regardless, I won't be disputing this any further as it's a closed case with Paypal. The fact that you felt the need to make a post in the classified section of a gear site only reinforces your immaturity. Peace

This isn't guitar center bud. Should always be prepared to get a bad tube on a used amp. Even brand new amps have defective tubes out of the box or damaged from shipping. If you want a warranty go to GC or buy new.

Yeah technically you can file a dispute for this and I can understand simply not knowing what the issue was and filing a claim but reading between the lines with all the other comments and other ads and forums, etc...yikes. As a forum member with previous deals you should already know tubes are made of glass.
This!
I never, ever ever expect tubes from ANY amp I buy, here or elsewhere, to be worth a shit....I always plan on tube rolling because of the high failure rate of newer tubes AND the risk of shipping damage, even if packed well. This is akin to buying a car, you always change the oil because then you KNOW it's all good. This is just a part of normal maintenance to any tube amp, IMO.

stratjacket":1h1jhv7v said:
Well, I guess I should weigh in here since I’m the guy who bought it.
I did see all your videos on it, including the ones posted above (I watched every Eclipse video on YouTube multiple times actually) and started a thread on it vs the Helios and Ecstasy. I dwelled on getting one for months and bought a Splawn Quick Rod, Fryette Sig X and a few other things instead. But knew I’d end up getting one until I eventually caved and bought one.

I don’t know or care to get into what happened here. I buy, sell and trade a lot and I’ve traded with Abbath before and it was smooth, even though we had to work through a Canadian postal strike. So I felt pretty safe in buying and still feel good about the purchase. It’s on the way and I can’t wait to get it. At the price point, I’d get anything repaired, but I don’t expect it to have any issues.

I’m sorry things went down like this. Maybe things could have worked out better if you guys would have picked up the phone and spoken to one another. Not judging, but usually that would make a big difference in working things out, especially in a tight-nit amp community. But what’s done is done I guess.

You’ll love it more than likely, it’s truly an amazing amp!

I wish Fatbagg and Abbath78 could work everything out and close this thread on a good note. That would do a lot to restore some trust around here. I don't want to comment more than necessary or take sides, but It's odd how it went from a simple tube issue straight to a Paypal dispute. In fact, from the way things were presented, it sounds like the tubes weren't even bad, but rather just mix-matched. Even if some of the tubes were faulty, it would have been simple enough to resolve. I don't know if there's any way to defend putting something up for sale as "mint" after filing a Paypal dispute. It would have been great if Fatbagg opened the thread with some evidence, timeline, and sequence of events instead of a brief, vague post. Abbath78's responses in this thread were rather disappointing as he seems to have done some things that require some degree of explanation. I hope you guys can work smooth things out and turn this into something positive.

One vital piece of the situation is missing, although it will not excuse Abbath's moves, but may help explain them..
What were the preamp tubes Fatgagg sent with the amp?
For an amp this new in production and that high up the boutique scale, there would be a reasonable expectation that the amp came with the original tubes, as preamp tubes last many years, and if not, then a newer set of the same model tubes would be the minimum I would expect
If they were a 'mish mash', as Abbath has said, and that would set off anyone having dropped big money on such a new piece
It seems to have driven a previously reliable buyer to meltdown and lose his usual reasonable approach
That balance to the situation is needed to help give a fuller picture

Back