Crate Stealth Jake E. Lee riffage

Racerxrated":tscfm8sw said:
Sounds good man....yes the Lee Jackson Crate Stealth is easily one of the best "bang for the buck" amps out there, I've paid 150 for the heads and 99 bucks for one of the combos....now they are more like 3-400 but it's still a good deal at that price. Good loop, clean, and 2 switchable gain pots make for a 3 channel amp..can get kinda honky but can be dialed out. Mark Cameron said long ago on a different forum that the Stealth is the best Lee Jackson amp, over the Ampeg and Metaltronix stuff.

When I was into buying/selling on ebay I'd flip these often...Jeff Blando collects these(Slaughter, Vince Neil) and endorsed the Stealth long ago..when he gigs he lines up his Marshall stack on stage but the Stealths are powering the cabs. I sold one to him and we had a cool conversation about the amp...good dude.

Thanks for the history lesson, you rock!

:rock:

I have a Lee Jackson vl1002 that needs to be repaired. Some how a lot of stuff randomly burned up a bit. It has been sitting for near a decade. This gives me some motivation to fix the damn thing.

swamptrashstompboxes":162vzaju said:
I have a Lee Jackson vl1002 that needs to be repaired. Some how a lot of stuff randomly burned up a bit. It has been sitting for near a decade. This gives me some motivation to fix the damn thing.

I hope you are able to get the amp up and running again, I would love to hear it!

:thumbsup:

swamptrashstompboxes":f0vhhv5j said:

Same boat for me except I have a Stealth that has been sitting in the closet for close to 12 years now that needs some major repair. This makes me want to get it fixed up and working mint again.

Phil Jacques":2gw3ieni said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2gw3ieni said:

Same boat for me except I have a Stealth that has been sitting in the closet for close to 12 years now that needs some major repair. This makes me want to get it fixed up and working mint again.

It would be sweet if you did, good luck!

:)

Phil Jacques":2aga1oet said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2aga1oet said:

Me too.

Clip kicks ass. So much crunch and punch to that tone.

swamptrashstompboxes":2tj4sa18 said:

I had a VL1002 way back when they were new and this tone reminds me a lot of what it could do. The damn thing sounded glorious, but was constantly blowing up reverb tanks. It went back to Ampeg twice and they couldn't figure out why. I eventually just ran it with a reverb pedal instead. Years down the road I sold it to move up to another amp, but I still have one of the keys for it roaming around my junk drawer. LOL.

Phil Jacques":37jh4bbp said:
swamptrashstompboxes":37jh4bbp said:

hah! funny you guys mentioned it, this thread got me to pull my stealth 50 out of the closet. It too had been sitting for well over 6 years, and upon firing it up, it played fine for a bit but after about 10 minutes it started a random volume drop.

Will try to roll some tubes this week, but if that fails, off to the tech it goes.

Riggins1966":3qdfb14h said:
Phil Jacques":3qdfb14h said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3qdfb14h said:

hah! funny you guys mentioned it, this thread got me to pull my stealth 50 out of the closet. It too had been sitting for well over 6 years, and upon firing it up, it played fine for a bit but after about 10 minutes it started a random volume drop.

Will try to roll some tubes this week, but if that fails, off to the tech it goes.

Good luck with the Stealth 50, hope it's just tubes!

:)

Back