Abbath78 scammed me

• Thread starter Deleted member 3520
  • Start date
Sick Squid":20g0v5zl said:
One vital piece of the situation is missing, although it will not excuse Abbath's moves, but may help explain them..
What were the preamp tubes Fatgagg sent with the amp?
For an amp this new in production and that high up the boutique scale, there would be a reasonable expectation that the amp came with the original tubes, as preamp tubes last many years, and if not, then a newer set of the same model tubes would be the minimum I would expect
If they were a 'mish mash', as Abbath has said, and that would set off anyone having dropped big money on such a new piece
It seems to have driven a previously reliable buyer to meltdown and lose his usual reasonable approach
That balance to the situation is needed to help give a fuller picture

Even if it had a mix of proper tubes, that could have been easily handled. However, the amp had a sovtek lps in the PI slot, and the other positions were the Bogner recommended Shuguang 12ax7B. If that’s a mixed batch of tubes to cause a problem...

Again, however, in either case, the stacked lies and claiming it was broken and tying up my money and amp? As well, he NEVER mentioned an issue with mixed tubes until he tried to defend himself here. If you look at the messages posted, my first response to his dispute was I offered to buy him an entire set of tubes and send it. The problem at its core, however, was he just didn’t want the amp, hence immediately selling it while disputing with me via PayPal. His outlook was that he was getting his money either way. If he won the dispute, he got his money back to try another amp. If he sold it first, he would drop the dispute...which is what happened, other than he got caught lying/manipulating everyone.

I get where you are coming from, but the tubes were all the same minus the PI spot. On another note, it is not uncommon to have various Preamp tubes either. I mean you can order sets from most tube store for these amps with 3 or more different tube types. But I understand an amp this new might look better with all matching tube types, which it DID have. I wish the deal could e gone smooth as well, even if I had to do a return, I would honor that, no problem. But I won’t be used as a ‘try before you buy’ and lied to.

Amazing how people on here want to be ok with this bs. Filed a dispute after having the amp for 3 days? Thinking that is ok is not choosing a side? Posting an amp you label as being defective for sale in the classifieds as mint* and filing a paypal dispute telling the rigtalker you purchased it from it Is defective is something a buyer and seller should have to workout? UNREAL, obviously the ones mentioning * not take a side are trying to give props to the shady shit that was pulled. I wouldn't buy a patch cable from this dude! If I did I expect exactly what the fuck I am Leary about! And he has gear for sale in the classifieds now! Utterly fucking FUCKED! GREAT forum, as long as it wasnt me I am ok with it" I had great transactions with him so that makes it ok to fuck someone else as long as it's not me I am cool with it" fucked!

Sounds to me like he didn't like it, or buyer's remorse, and fabricating an issue with it was plan B if he couldn't flip it. Kinda fucked up stringing someone along, and tying up their funds over your own ignorance.. Totally a dick move. I wouldn't buy or sell shit to this assclown. It's unacceptable, regardless. Anyone defending this behavior is nuts.

Unfortunate incident on here, but hopefully we can move forward... I'd like to hear a detailed review of the Eclipse. I heard it has a LOT of gain, so it's can get pretty noisey. But I like what I've heard in clips!

Junk Yard Dog":1dsjrgxe said:
Unfortunate incident on here, but hopefully we can move forward... I'd like to hear a detailed review of the Eclipse. I heard it has a LOT of gain, so it's can get pretty noisey. But I like what I've heard in clips!

It is an absolute monster of an amp, very full and harmonic. Easy to play, very forgiving. To me it had a Diezelesque quality to the higher gain sides. Other than a 101b, it’s my favorite bogner. I’d take it over the 20th any day.

fatbagg":3dply9k5 said:
Junk Yard Dog":3dply9k5 said:

It is an absolute monster of an amp, very full and harmonic. Easy to play, very forgiving. To me it had a Diezelesque quality to the higher gain sides. Other than a 101b, it’s my favorite bogner. I’d take it over the 20th any day.

For your demos, do you remember what cab/speakers and roughly what your amp settings were?

memberzonly":16j53l4w said:
fatbagg":16j53l4w said:
Junk Yard Dog":16j53l4w said:

For your demos, do you remember what cab/speakers and roughly what your amp settings were?

UK (Mesa) V30s, presence 8:30-9:00, treble 1000, mid 11-1, bass 9:00, gain 1:00. I used Eclipse+ and 80s mode.

Ya I don’t think there is any good explanation to what happened here. It was clearly an unethical move.

Well, I have one showing up Monday! I’m pretty stoked. There isn’t too much information on these. On paper it seems to be a perfect amp. We shall see!

Beandust":1vo2f9to said:
Amazing how people on here want to be ok with this bs. Filed a dispute after having the amp for 3 days? Thinking that is ok is not choosing a side? Posting an amp you label as being defective for sale in the classifieds as mint* and filing a paypal dispute telling the rigtalker you purchased it from it Is defective is something a buyer and seller should have to workout? UNREAL, obviously the ones mentioning * not take a side are trying to give props to the shady shit that was pulled. I wouldn't buy a patch cable from this dude! If I did I expect exactly what the fuck I am Leary about! And he has gear for sale in the classifieds now! Utterly fucking FUCKED! GREAT forum, as long as it wasnt me I am ok with it" I had great transactions with him so that makes it ok to fuck someone else as long as it's not me I am cool with it" fucked!

The fact the he had it up for sale as mint while he was telling Paypal it was broken, holding the sellers forced refund is clearly unethical and just downright wrong. I doubt there was ever anything wrong with the amp. He was just setting the stage with PP so he could force a return upon the seller, but not right away... because he wanted to play the amp and really decide if he wanted to return it.

Once people see other people abusing the PP policies with no retribution more and more are going to try things like this. With paypal policies private sales can be forced to refund up to 90 days after the item is delivered. I'm glad you got your refund money returned to you fatbbag you could have lost out on your amp and money.

There was a guy in LA who was doing that crap. Buying an amp and filing a paypal claim as soon as it showed up, using it as a means to try amps, then return them like it was Guitar Center. Some vintage dealer guy. Forgot his name, Kamm or something like that.

In any case, that kind of stuff stinks.

Scumback Speakers":1z2jqw4b said:
There was a guy in LA who was doing that crap. Buying an amp and filing a paypal claim as soon as it showed up, using it as a means to try amps, then return them like it was Guitar Center. Some vintage dealer guy. Forgot his name, Kamm or something like that.

Kamran, I believe. He did it to Savage Riffer!

Scumback Speakers":1qgy8r4r said:

It's such a shit move. It does not take into account peoples time, money, the REAL potential for a shipping service to truly mess something up (which is very high), theft..ect. We as musicians should watch out for each other, not pull these scheisser moves. :no:

splatter said:
I’ve never had pp hold funds on anything I sold . That’s just weird .
Anyway glad u got ur money

A dispute puts it on hold.

Also if you have an High increase in sales in a short time that it out of the ordinary, PayPal can put a hold on random ones as a security measure. In this case it was a dispute.

In 15 years of the speaker business I've had five disputes. Every single one was by a scammer or idiot trying to pull a fast one. The last time I had one was about 3 years ago. A bozo here in So Cal bought a new Scumback M75 to match his used M75. Told me it got damaged in shipping, shipped it back damaged even further than his description. I have hidden date codes on my speakers, then a "Shipping Date" on the label. The rat bastard swapped the new label to the old speaker, kept the new one and filed a dispute. I showed paypal the build date, then the ship date. When they were 18 months apart, they agreed that I probably didn't build his speaker 18 months in advance, then put a new label on it.

Paypal then told me he had four different paypal disputes in three months over shipping damage, and two claims with Fedex over it, too. So the rat bastid was buying used/dead speakers, getting his money refunded by both paypal and Fedex.

I put a stop to that.

Some people are just plain wired wrong, and think they can do anything.

Back