BOSS WAZA tube amp expander?

tallcoolone":1m5y3y4r said:
stratjacket":1m5y3y4r said:
I think the Waza TAE looks amazing too and I would be on it if not for being tied to IR’s that only work on Fractal gear.

Just clarifying--the Boss takes any IR's--except of course the ones that Fractal holds behind their closed system. Which does kinda suck, and is part of the reason I flipped my modeling over to L6. Believe me, there are plenty of IRs out there as "good" as the Fractal ones.

I wouldn't count on Fractal rushing into anything "all in one" anytime soon. They (allegedly) JUST combined their "floor amp and effects unit" with their "floor effects unit" which was a headscratcher IMO from the jump. Great product but a little behind the curve tech UI and trend wise for something that commands such a premium.

You really think Fractal is behind the tech curve?
The main point I had was that "I really like the IR’s I made with Cab Lab3 and hate to give them up". I have used other IR loaders and I have tons of celestion and ownhammer IR's, they're also good.

stratjacket":1skl2z2g said:
You really think Fractal is behind the tech curve?
My issues:
Flagship model got BIGGER
Flagship model kept same outdated form factor
Not enough hardware innovation/too many products
-clunky, expensive, quickly outdated foot controller, reactive load that is only that, never integrating expression pedals but of course selling their own
Closed architecture—standard MIDI not easily integrated, IRs proprietary
UI is WAAAY behind the curve

The tones are fantastic. Customer support is fantastic. But at this point for me the tones are there and have been there for years now. At this point I want features that make getting out and playing easier. Lighter, more portable...heck, give me a nice gig bag for the rig! Make it intuitive to use. Help me carry less things.

Don’t give me a reactive load without an efx loop. And while you are at it, include reverb and delay please. And maybe a power amp. And let me use any IR I want and run that to FOH.

Thanks for letting me rant lol

Back