Custom Shop pickups for the price of a non custom shop

splatter

I''m sure I posted on here before about Jalen pickups. I just ordered one of his 78's for the bridge of my new Jem7v because well the dimarzio's suck. Anyway I already have a set of his in my Lizzy Hale explorer and these pup rock.
Anyway I've always been amazed at how inexpensive they are, the one I just bought is the first I have gotten without a cover and price shipped to my door is .......$80 .
I don't think i can get a SD for that . Give them a listen. He markets most of his pups as EVH clones and and they may be but I get the 78 and have an alnico 5 put in it instead of the 2 and while I can certainly dial in VH it does way more than just VH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C836i1GzH5A

splatter":1k5bsor9 said:
I''m sure I posted on here before about Jalen pickups. I just ordered one of his 78's for the bridge of my new Jem7v because well the dimarzio's suck. Anyway I already have a set of his in my Lizzy Hale explorer and these pup rock.
Anyway I've always been amazed at how inexpensive they are, the one I just bought is the first I have gotten without a cover and price shipped to my door is .......$80 .
I don't think i can get a SD for that . Give them a listen. He markets most of his pups as EVH clones and and they may be but I get the 78 and have an alnico 5 put in it instead of the 2 and while I can certainly dial in VH it does way more than just VH.

I've heard good things about these....I'll have to try one soon.

Racerxrated":3l0ge9q8 said:
splatter":3l0ge9q8 said:

I've heard good things about these....I'll have to try one soon.

^^^^
Going to be trying a set of these as well.

Al Estrada has a few demos of those... but he makes anything sound good.
I've been tempted to try them.

Jalen pickups are awesome, great price and super fast turn around time. I have the 78 and the Franky and they sound killer. Plus they ship in a very cool wooden box with your name engraved on it which I thought was classy.

I justed ordered a custom wind. Screw side 78 with 42 gauge wire and Franky side slug with 43 Guage. Alnico 5.

MJ at Seymour Duncan does a bang-up job of making great custom wound pups for non-boutique prices.
:thumbsup:

I know the OP was not happy with Dimarzio.
But yesterday morning I ordered a Dimarzio customized AT-1, paid 15% upcharge for expedited construction , and it shipped less than 24 hours later .

DistortED":3cswwilt said:
Jalen pickups are awesome, great price and super fast turn around time. I have the 78 and the Franky and they sound killer. Plus they ship in a very cool wooden box with your name engraved on it which I thought was classy.

how does the franky compare to the 78?
Isn't it a high output?
I've been thinking about trying his high output pups

Ventura":o4j2f40a said:
MJ at Seymour Duncan does a bang-up job of making great custom wound pups for non-boutique prices.

SD's version of the 78 goes for around $180 if I remember correctly maybe more like $150 . Anyway I know I hated it,it was mushy and had no string definition .
The uncovered 78 I just ordered from jalen was $80 shipped .I already have one in another guitar and love it.
I ordered it on thursday and it shipped on monday.
Thanks to the USPS not understanding what priority means it won't be here till thursday.(tomorrow)

Got the custom ordered Jalen 78/Franky hybrid in this morning. Measured in @ 11.5k, With slug side 7k, screw side at 4.5k and alnico 5.

This is compared to the 59/Custom hybrid @11.1k with slug side 7.1k and screw side @ 4k and alnico 5

Pulled out the Super D in the Chubtone, which sounded a little scooped and saturated in the Ash body. The Jalen sound huge, like the guitar is just fuller without any percieved loss of gain. and harmonics are effortless. It's like high gain without oversaturation . For $80 shipped in a nice box in less than a week is impressive

Ventura":tskrbssu said:
At $160 plus $14.74 for shipping for one pup I feel the only thing being "banged" is my wallet :no: :gethim:

At $80 shipped for a pup from Jalen that is equal to or better than anything that SD makes its no contest which one I would buy..or but 2 and still be less than the SD pup.

scottosan":1f6zkcaa said:
Got the custom ordered Jalen 78/Franky hybrid in this morning. Measured in @ 11.5k, With slug side 7k, screw side at 4.5k and alnico 5.

This is compared to the 59/Custom hybrid @11.1k with slug side 7.1k and screw side @ 4k and alnico 5

Pulled out the Super D in the Chubtone, which sounded a little scooped and saturated in the Ash body. The Jalen sound huge, like the guitar is just fuller without any percieved loss of gain. and harmonics are effortless. It's like high gain without oversaturation . For $80 shipped in a nice box in less than a week is impressive

Still liking the pickup? Thinking bout one for my Strat.

LPMojoGL":ip3yqpiy said:
scottosan":ip3yqpiy said:

I love it. The hybrid os my favorite Just picked up a neck pickup from him ass well. He'll make what ever you want

scottosan":1sj2vg7e said:
LPMojoGL":1sj2vg7e said:
scottosan":1sj2vg7e said:

I love it. The hybrid os my favorite Just picked up a neck pickup from him ass well. He'll make what ever you want

Nice!

Philo Beddoe":3v3mhpan said:
Ventura":3v3mhpan said:
At $160 plus $14.74 for shipping for one pup I feel the only thing being "banged" is my wallet :no: :gethim:

At $80 shipped for a pup from Jalen that is equal to or better than anything that SD makes its no contest which one I would buy..or but 2 and still be less than the SD pup.

But that's just like, your opinion, man.

sutepaj":45z4w9so said:
Philo Beddoe":45z4w9so said:
Ventura":45z4w9so said:

The.price isn't an opinion. Whether it's better on not is an opinion, but people so stuck on brand recognition that there are lots of higher quality stuff out there that isn't paid attention to. Case and point, most non custom shop turds that Gibson and Fender put their logo on will sell, while a true custom shop non fender or Gibson sells for less than the mass produced. Quality is secondary to name recognition

scottosan":1a9az8d4 said:
sutepaj":1a9az8d4 said:
Philo Beddoe":1a9az8d4 said:
Ventura":1a9az8d4 said:

The.price isn't an opinion. Whether it's better on not is an opinion, but people so stuck on brand recognition that there are lots of higher quality stuff out there that isn't paid attention to. Case and point, most non custom shop turds that Gibson and Fender put their logo on will sell, while a true custom shop non fender or Gibson sells for less than the mass produced. Quality is secondary to name recognition

I agree with all of this.

scottosan":lpnk3wfi said:
sutepaj":lpnk3wfi said:
Philo Beddoe":lpnk3wfi said:
Ventura":lpnk3wfi said:

Non custom shop Turds :LOL: :LOL:

I couldn't have said it better :rock:

Back