Difference between a Bogner ecstasy and a Bogner 20th shiva

splatter

So I've been wanting an Ecstasy for a while and now the 20th Shiva has caught my eye. For those of you that may own or have owned both what say you?

I had the 20th Shiva, and the 20th XTC. Both fantastic! Very similar in some regards. The XTC had the edge in versatility with 3 channels and an awesome (but very large) foot switch.

I preferred the XTC because the gain seemed more organic and open to my ears.
I liked the Shiva excursion better because it was a knob rather than a toggle switch on the XTC. You could really fine tune the low end.

Both amps were capable of amazing cleans, and classic all the way to metal gain levels.

I'll also add that my Shiva had the foot switch "mode" mod. If you get the Shiva, I highly recommend this. It makes the amp much more versatile in a live scenario.

Also, the plexi mode on the 20th XTC was amazing, with the foot switch boost!

Had the standard models.
Have the 20th models.

Vastly different.

The XTC is a more versatile amp overall; as mentioned, I have the 20th EL34 model and that's because it can get to where the 101B goes but the 101B can't go where the 20th can.

The 20th Sheevs is amazing. Cleans are nutso good - round - potent - so full and powerful - and the fact that the boost keeps the tone-circuit engaged is super handy. The 20th Sheevs can get very aggressive - I've had some people question me on this but by using the MODE and SHIFT adjustments, this amp can get super tight, searing hot, and percussive with razor like gain, or notch it back a smidge and get super heavy grind.

The simplicity of the Sheevs can be an enduring quality to it as a stage amp over the hyper-complex (with respect) 101B or 20th XTC. The Sheevs is a beast - period. I am not typically a fan of 88s, but in this particular amp, they work incredibly well. It is super potent - very loud - but holds well cabinet dependent.

I can conjure all manner of tones from the 20th Sheevs - cleans, jazzy shit, blues, AIC/Jantrell, hot-rodded Marshall with more of that chewy Bogner goodness, nice low-end... Fucking choice amp.

Hope this helps.
Mo :thumbsup: :rock:

Yeah the 20th Shiva has a raw aggressiveness that is so inspiring . I liked it more than XTC and the 20th XTC. I have an Eclipse now which might be my favorite of all !

the4thlast1":cyz8th9y said:
Yeah the 20th Shiva has a raw aggressiveness that is so inspiring . I liked it more than XTC and the 20th XTC. I have an Eclipse now which might be my favorite of all !

I have the Eclipse now too...agreed!

Back