Short clip with the VFE Dragon and Standout

psychodave":36q4cnp2 said:
sotosprince":36q4cnp2 said:
Wow both sounds great! Which one do you guyz think I should get for my mark III boogie? Im into really tight thrashy riffing no solos

Based on what you wrote, the Standout seems more to your liking. It can be set to add a little drive, but be tight as hell (or anywhere in between). The Dragon will add a lot more drive...which might be good for the rhythm channel, but overkill for the lead channel.
Thx a lot! :rock: :rock: :rock:

stephen sawall":36c7nr0z said:
Why they don't put a HPF and LPF on a lot more pedals is beyond me. Having that kind of control over the attack and how tight the sound is just practical for all types of music.

It will be cloned and those doing it will tell their masses it was their own supreme idea. :LOL: :LOL:
In the meantime, VFE makes the Klein bottle which can be used with any pedal.

psychodave":2r4efiy3 said:
DiezelMonster":2r4efiy3 said:
is there a difference between the Pink standout pedal and the currently available white version?

I don't have the ability to listen to the clip at the moment so no comment there.

Just like thenine said, there is no difference.

There is only for sale on eBay, but the price is really high. Scour reverb, the pop up now and then.

so this pedal regardless of the colour is no longer available?

psychodave":tytsai6a said:
stephen sawall":tytsai6a said:
Why they don't put a HPF and LPF on a lot more pedals is beyond me. Having that kind of control over the attack and how tight the sound is just practical for all types of music.

It will be cloned and those doing it will tell their masses it was their own supreme idea. :LOL: :LOL:
In the meantime, VFE makes the Klein bottle which can be used with any pedal.
Peter Rutter showed me one of the early Klein Bottle years ago. I only played on it a few minutes. This was before the Standout and Dragon was around. There was fuzz, modulation and delay hooked up. It was about as crazy as you would guess.... I would be into trying one with a Rat, Fulldrive and a lot of other pedals into one. Maybe be put a GEQ in a loop...

Peter has dropped out before. I would not be surprised if he comes back at some point.

DiezelMonster":27bz3xb2 said:
psychodave":27bz3xb2 said:
DiezelMonster":27bz3xb2 said:
is there a difference between the Pink standout pedal and the currently available white version?

I don't have the ability to listen to the clip at the moment so no comment there.

Just like thenine said, there is no difference.

There is only for sale on eBay, but the price is really high. Scour reverb, the pop up now and then.

so this pedal regardless of the colour is no longer available?

Yep. He’s not making them anymore...at least the near future. It sucks because his pedals are killer.

I just purchased what appears to be the last Dragon PCB along with PCBs for the Scream, Merman, and Old School tremolo. Woo!

sotosprince":25h3nubu said:
So I ve just pulled the trigger on the dragon pedal... Ill be posting clips of my mesa boogie mark III as soon as it arrives

That’s great. Make sure to spend a few minutes turning the knobs to see how it works. There is a slight learning curve to understanding it. Once you figure it out, you will realize how much better it is than everything else currently on the market.

psychodave":pa2314eq said:
sotosprince":pa2314eq said:
So I ve just pulled the trigger on the dragon pedal... Ill be posting clips of my mesa boogie mark III as soon as it arrives

That’s great. Make sure to spend a few minutes turning the knobs to see how it works. There is a slight learning curve to understanding it. Once you figure it out, you will realize how much better it is than everything else currently on the market.
Yeah from all the videos I've seen I understand the it will take me awhile to figure out the best settings! Thx a lot for ur recommendation! Let's hope that the dragon will compliment my mark III!

The one interesting aspect of the high pass and low pass filters is not needing a different pedal when playing at different volumes.

For example, I usually play lower volumes, so I set my pedals to make the amps tight. When playing loud, power tube compression comes into play and traditional pedals without the filters just don’t work. Most are usually too lose or tight at various volumes. The VFE Standout and Dragon solve the power tube compression dilemma by allowing effortless filter tweaking that adjusts sound and feel. I wish I had kept a chrome face dual recto around since that amp was one of the biggest culprits of what I mentioned above. At low volumes it was pretty loose, at high volumes it was a lot tighter, but I always wanted more drive. Traditional pedals would make the amp overly compressed and would feel like shit to me. I have no doubt the VFE pedals would have allowed me to want to keep the amp. Maybe this is why I love to Rev2 Uber... it flat out kills with a Dragon out front.

psychodave":1xpdfrvl said:
The one interesting aspect of the high pass and low pass filters is not needing a different pedal when playing at different volumes.

For example, I usually play lower volumes, so I set my pedals to make the amps tight. When playing loud, power tube compression comes into play and traditional pedals without the filters just don’t work. Most are usually too lose or tight at various volumes. The VFE Standout and Dragon solve the power tube compression dilemma by allowing effortless filter tweaking that adjusts sound and feel. I wish I had kept a chrome face dual recto around since that amp was one of the biggest culprits of what I mentioned above. At low volumes it was pretty loose, at high volumes it was a lot tighter, but I always wanted more drive. Traditional pedals would make the amp overly compressed and would feel like shit to me. I have no doubt the VFE pedals would have allowed me to want to keep the amp. Maybe this is why I love to Rev2 Uber... it flat out kills with a Dragon out front.

My dual recto has never sounded As good as it does with my standout, along with my other amps.
Like you said, Rectos need a boost to tighten the lowend for sure. But most boosts compress it too much.
I can nail the tones I’ve been wanting out of my DR.... no matter at low or high volumes now.

stephen sawall":ug58et6i said:
My Tremoverb is brutal with the Dragon. Having that kind of control over the bass is awesome.
I'm looking forward to using it in front of my mark III! So far I've only used a parametric eq in the loop and a boss sd1 which cuts a lot of bass and adds a bit of fizziness

Back