DIY Bogner xtc based amp - video and shots

Recon

Hi,

I want to present you one of my most interesting constrctions - Bogner XTC based amp. Main differences between my amp and real 101b:

- whole different clean channel
- 6l6 50W power amp
- switching by ldr's
- whole different fx loop, with more friendly to all pedal effects signal level and less dirt (on picture there is still my old ss fx loop)
- second CC 2n2
- Depth regulation with different Depth cap
- fizz cap to 100p
- presence pot to 10k
- some minor mods...

Unfortunately my phone had some troubles with very high volume level, but i believe that it is not that bad. I also noticed that some strange algorithm of my phones camera added low pass filter in few moments, so be aware of that.

OD channel from the beginning, 4:00 - higain channel.

Guitar plugged right into input, delay in fx loop.

GlhaTs6.jpg

k9gUkSh.jpg

Well done sir :rock:
Amp sounds really good.
I also checked out the "amp test 2" video you have posted on YouTube. That amp sounds really good as well. Maybe even better than this one.
You are doing some nice work!!
Keep it up :thumbsup:

Thanks for such great approval, it is motivating to further work! :rock:

About this Amp test video - it is like in 95% te same amp, just with different pickups on guitar - EMG's. Here i am using passive ceramic Dimarzios.

I also added one more video, suprisingly now my phone acted much better :confused:

Great sounding amp!!!

you wouldn't happen to have an ecstasy schematic would you? If not can you point me towards a mod for the blue channel to give it some more gain?

I did the red channel mod by changing R12.Now I want to do the same for the blue channel but I can't find an accurate schematic and I can't determine which resistor is the cathode for P3A which I think is what I think I would change for the desired effect.
I posted something in the Bogner section and so far I got nothing.

In fact this is my own design ;) with my ideas and solutions, basing gently on slo switching circuit - that is why is somehow similar. I ordered it just in one piece for my own purposes. I have all data, but it is not structured.

InnGC3n.jpg

Sorry for reviving a dead thread but can anybody link me to a bogner ecstasy schematic?
I would prefer the 20th anniv 6l6 model.

Back