Customer Service - Believe what you read...

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a customer service story... I have read about Dave's attention to his customer base. This week he proved what I have read and heard.

I have never posted here. I only created an account to "pay forward" some good things that occurred this week and to let people know what a stand-up guy Dave really is and this seems to be the place where "Friedman People" come...

I have a Runt 50 head that started sounding pretty terrible last week. My wife and I are on vacation this week, so I swapped tubes to no avail, pulled chassis and could find nothing visibly wrong. At this point I sent an email to RackSystems at around 4 pm Wednesday to ask if there was anything else I could check. I received a reply from Dave 3 hours later stating what the problem was. We had a series of emails back and forth regarding where I am located (Las Vegas, NV) and possible repair options, how long it would take, etc. I told him that I was on vacation and my wife and I were up for a road trip Thursday morning and could drop the head off (Meanwhile thinking I could maybe pick it up Friday). His response is copied below:

'Well if you bring it I’ll fix it the same day. 5419 Cleon Ave north Hollywood ca. 91601 if not I have a guy there that could do it. Thanks"

Long story short... I drove down to Hollywood Thursday morning and within an hour I was out the door with a working Runt.

Of particular note to me, Dave never once asked when I purchased the amp, nor did he ever say something to the effect of "you pulled the chassis, therefore you voided your warranty" as a lot of other companies will do nowadays. We offered to pay him for his time on such short notice or to at least buy him lunch and he would not hear of it. A handshake is all he would take. In all honesty, I actually felt bad about not being able to do something for him.

Moral of the Story - Dave stands behind his stuff. Buy with confidence.

Dave - it looks to me like you frequent this forum and if you happen to read this, I just want to tell you that I admire the way your treat your customers. I will turn 50 this year and you remind of the way business used to be done. WELL DONE SIR.

Awesome story....I just bought my 1st Friedman this week(JJ Jr.) and his customer service record was one of the factors in purchasing the amp

What can I say that's not already been said about the man. There is no better in the business. Dave has had my BE100 on two separate occasions for mods and it was a perfect experience both times. Dave is a blessing to the amp community. Thank you for everything you do for us Mr. Friedman. All my best.

Back