Incoming VH4

TTV":h43wzp67 said:
Today the VH4 beast finally arrived :rock:

https://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/161512.jpg

The sound is exactly the one I wanted and the built quality is flawless as expected. Head works nicely with my 1x12" cabinet and Two Notes Torpedo LIVE. Only remark is the mains transformer stand-by hum, which is clearly louder than in Revv or Bluetone. Luckily the noice immunity seems to be really good also at high gain values, so the sound is pure joy at lower volumes as well :)

Actually the "incoming VH4" changed to "outcoming VH4": the mains hum was not ok for what I have used to have with premium amps. The other two heads are dead silent on same situation, maybe this VH4 had some component issue? I also found that I only need the 3rd channel and power amp controls, so now I have "incoming VH2" from Thomann :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:

I clearly have symptoms of Diezel-fever, since my wishlist (Musik Produktiv and Thomann) includes Hagen and Herbert MK III ... what a summer :rock:

TTV":vd3s1s2k said:
TTV":vd3s1s2k said:
Today the VH4 beast finally arrived :rock:

https://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/161512.jpg

The sound is exactly the one I wanted and the built quality is flawless as expected. Head works nicely with my 1x12" cabinet and Two Notes Torpedo LIVE. Only remark is the mains transformer stand-by hum, which is clearly louder than in Revv or Bluetone. Luckily the noice immunity seems to be really good also at high gain values, so the sound is pure joy at lower volumes as well :)

Actually the "incoming VH4" changed to "outcoming VH4": the mains hum was not ok for what I have used to have with premium amps. The other two heads are dead silent on same situation, maybe this VH4 had some component issue? I also found that I only need the 3rd channel and power amp controls, so now I have "incoming VH2" from Thomann :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:

I clearly have symptoms of Diezel-fever, since my wishlist (Musik Produktiv and Thomann) includes Hagen and Herbert MK III ... what a summer :rock:

Some VH4's have trim pots inside to control the level of background hum. Coz as I recall, Peter had me rip mine out! :LOL: :LOL:

Amberience":2yoq71cx said:
Some VH4's have trim pots inside to control the level of background hum. Coz as I recall, Peter had me rip mine out! :LOL: :LOL:

Good to know. In my case, the noise was coming from components (in standby and in operation similarly, with/without cabinet and with dummy load), so the trimmers may not help on this. Nevertheless, I really hope different performance from the incoming VH2 :)

Back