USA vs German-made 412 front-loads

narad

Hey guys. There's a local deal on a Diezel front load 4x12, something I've wanted to try for a long time, but it seems like it's USA-made. It's got the red/black washers on the back, no writing at all (must have rubbed off), so this must have been before the BAD agreement (where the US ones seem to have metal jack panels). Can anyone comment on the quality? Are these cabs typically as good as the German-made counterparts?

It's got a bad set of speakers in there I'd probably want to swap out, so leaning against it at the moment.

How good a deal and what are the speakers?? This intel will make or break any replies you get. Might not even be a Diezel regardless of the badge on the front :confused:

Ventura":3cjxycrn said:
How good a deal and what are the speakers?? This intel will make or break any replies you get. Might not even be a Diezel regardless of the badge on the front :confused:

2 Eminence D12V8 and 2 G12Ms. It's about $600. I do want a greenback cab, but wasn't planning on it being in a Diezel 4x12...

But ya, think it's the real deal:

67b8350044514232cd9a0debb097653b9a9ce5.jpg

Any pics of the back or the feet (casters)??

Metal corners - check.
Black pull tabs at bottom - check.
Speakers, definitely not.

If it's a Diezel, man, that's a kickass deal for FL 412. I'm personally not keen on the speaker mix, but to each their own.

Ventura":btvjyz73 said:
Any pics of the back or the feet (casters)??

Metal corners - check.
Black pull tabs at bottom - check.
Speakers, definitely not.

If it's a Diezel, man, that's a kickass deal for FL 412. I'm personally not keen on the speaker mix, but to each their own.

No casters, but seems like the usual USA style jack:

b08cdf28d175b6e39e97d78d7c4c2dad50aa8d.jpg

Ya, on the fence. In Japan space is tight, and I'd honestly prefer a FL 2x12, so I could put two heads on it. But the available ones here are actually all about 2x the price.

It looks to be the USA version of an authentic Diezel cab...Mo has outlined a few ways to tell.
I have one and it looks like that, red jack ring, pull tabs on grill, metal corners.
My 3 others are German made...a bit newer. Their input jacks are totally different.

FWIW, the Diezel FL are in your face cabs. Really enjoy them.
Good price. New German made cabs are WAY more $$, although they are also sweet!!

Bottom line, if you don't dig it you can most likely resell it for about the same price :D
I might give it a try...maybe talk down the price because of the speakers and then switch out the speakers :yes:

My only :confused: is the lack of piping along the grill. It was black or silver - harder to say with the USA vs Germany made transition, but I was certain that either country of manufacture had piping. If my memory serves me correct.

But otherwise, hot-diggity it's a kickass price for the real deal if it's the real deal.

Mo

Ventura":6q51b3hv said:
My only :confused: is the lack of piping along the grill. It was black or silver - harder to say with the USA vs Germany made transition, but I was certain that either country of manufacture had piping. If my memory serves me correct.

But otherwise, hot-diggity it's a kickass price for the real deal if it's the real deal.

Mo

Actually, the USA models don't have the piping, yet the newer German models do have silver piping.
The lack of piping is one give away that it's not a later model German made cab.
There's also a different grill weave, yet that will be difficult to judge without BOTH cabs to compare.

Please excuse the debris around the stack...
Top cab is German with Celestion K100's
Bottom cab is USA version with V30's
Makes a GREAT stack together :rock:

Anyway, the bottom cab looks like the one the OP has pictured as well.

213-E0-A7-D-E159-418-B-B691-0-B8750-D2275-D.jpg

One of my FAVOURITE ALL TIME cabs....

The Diezel FL G12K100 412

Fuck. Yes.

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Nice stack Holmes :thumbsup:

Weirdly enough a German-made FL 212 popped up locally too, a tad bit pricier but properly mint condition. Went ahead and bought it :)

Now I feel like I need to swap in G12K100s though!

Ventura":15ru4her said:
One of my FAVOURITE ALL TIME cabs....

The Diezel FL G12K100 412

Fuck. Yes.

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Nice stack Holmes :thumbsup:

Much obliged Mo :thumbsup:

This full stack has served me well for a few years.
What you can’t see in the pic is the rack next to the stack, wherein lies my Herbert and Mr Hagen.
And then there’s another Diezel full stack on the other side as well. All German, same config.

Yeah, it’s overkill, but I’m old and it ROCKS :rawk:

narad":jkv2dp9s said:
Weirdly enough a German-made FL 212 popped up locally too, a tad bit pricier but properly mint condition. Went ahead and bought it :)

Congrats on the purchase.
The Diezel cabs don’t disappoint.

Peter Stampfer at Diezel did a YouTube video at one point speaking about the cool features of the cabs.
I don’t have the link for you, sorry, however it’s worth watching :thumbsup:

What speakers are in the cab already??

GtarLover":nxqsiacc said:
narad":nxqsiacc said:

Congrats on the purchase.
The Diezel cabs don’t disappoint.

Peter Stampfer at Diezel did a YouTube video at one point speaking about the cool features of the cabs.
I don’t have the link for you, sorry, however it’s worth watching :thumbsup:

What speakers are in the cab already??

The V30s. I know the V30 FL 212 cab is what the Peters use in their "on the couch" type walkthrough videos of the VH4 and Herbert, so it can't be too poorly suited. Have a Mills v30 x G12t-75 rear load as well. Think they should sound quite different to each other.

Back