Played Friedman guitar thru JJ Jr. at Sweetwater Gearfest!

romanianreaper

Went to Sweetwater this past weekend and had two priorities. See my friend Robert Keeley at the Keeley tent and then go see the Daves at the Friedman area. First off, always great seeing more and more "stuff" with "FRIEDMAN" across it, whether it be speaker cabs, amps, guitars, shirts, etc. Dig it all! In fact, had to give Dave some crap obviously and told him to stop making stuff otherwise I'm not going to have any money.

As soon as I walked in, I saw a Friedman guitar plugged into a JJ. Jr. and nearly knocked my friend on her ass running over to get to it first. LOL! It was obviously loud everywhere at Sweetwater so was a bit hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that this amp kicks ass. The tones and features are great but the one word I would use to describe what I was hearing is "defined" or "articulate". I had seen a review where someone said no matter where the gain is set, you can hear every note and it is definitely true. I had the gain dimed and it is just so defined when doing anything. Just sounds awesome.

Before I left for Sweetwater the other day, I had already ordered one. I'm glad I ordered one when I did because I know this things is going to keep flying off the shelves. I predict this will outsell any of the Friedman amps because you get Friedman tone at a great price. There are alot of players like myself that play at home and will use features like the XLR out and lower wattage. :)

romanianreaper":eu0aaoms said:
Went to Sweetwater this past weekend and had two priorities. See my friend Robert Keeley at the Keeley tent and then go see the Daves at the Friedman area. First off, always great seeing more and more "stuff" with "FRIEDMAN" across it, whether it be speaker cabs, amps, guitars, shirts, etc. Dig it all! In fact, had to give Dave some crap obviously and told him to stop making stuff otherwise I'm not going to have any money.

As soon as I walked in, I saw a Friedman guitar plugged into a JJ. Jr. and nearly knocked my friend on her ass running over to get to it first. LOL! It was obviously loud everywhere at Sweetwater so was a bit hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that this amp kicks ass. The tones and features are great but the one word I would use to describe what I was hearing is "defined" or "articulate". I had seen a review where someone said no matter where the gain is set, you can hear every note and it is definitely true. I had the gain dimed and it is just so defined when doing anything. Just sounds awesome.

Before I left for Sweetwater the other day, I had already ordered one. I'm glad I ordered one when I did because I know this things is going to keep flying off the shelves. I predict this will outsell any of the Friedman amps because you get Friedman tone at a great price. There are alot of players like myself that play at home and will use features like the XLR out and lower wattage. :)

Awesome man. Congrats on the purchase. Dave Friedman ROCKS!!!!!

It is a fantastic little amp. I am really enjoying mine....so much so that my BE-50 May be on its way out for sale. I don’t need a large head to carry around anymore. Also, I find this amp much tighter and I was missing that. It is true about the clarity of tone from this amp. It sounds amazing!

For anyone not on the Amps forum, I got the JJ Jr. and it f'ing smokes!!! I can't believe this is a 20-watt EL84 amp!! Right now I'm running out of the XLR until I get a cab and just sounds so unbelievable. Chugging riffs and no harshness or flubby tones anywhere. This amp is going to sell like hotcakes....hot tube cakes? :)

I was just jamming on my JJ Jr and running it through (2) 4x12's ....one with Greenbacks(warmer sound) and the other GT75's(brighter sound)......together they sound killer.....This EL84 kicks major ass :rock:

Evil Z06":2naskstw said:
I was just jamming on my JJ Jr and running it through (2) 4x12's ....one with Greenbacks(warmer sound) and the other GT75's(brighter sound)......together they sound killer.....This EL84 kicks major ass :rock:

Right! I was just playing mine through an EVH 412 and a Whitebox 2x12 together and this little amp is f%ckin% LOUD as hell and thumps really hard! I really want to grab some V30s to run it thorough as that's what I was demoing it through at the shop and it sounded amazing through that Friedman 2x12.

Evil Z06":3pdt7jid said:

Oh man, I bet that destroys!! Like MetalHeadMike said, would be great to hear with V30s. Would be cool if Friedman made a 2x12 with a V30 and Creamback.

Forget what I wrote here earlier..except for please allow me to receive my JJ Jr soon ! I can't even look at forums now because everybody is talking about how great theirs is,and I'm still waiting. Waah Waah Waah..cryings over here.

riffermadness":3gvcmucf said:
Forget what I wrote here earlier..except for please allow me to receive my JJ Jr soon ! I can't even look at forums now because everybody is talking about how great theirs is,and I'm still waiting. Waah Waah Waah..cryings over here.

I finally got the "shipped" notification and tracking number last night.. I am sure glad I waited it out..mine should be here Monday finally !

riffermadness":75hj1wq0 said:
riffermadness":75hj1wq0 said:

I finally got the "shipped" notification and tracking number last night.. I am sure glad I waited it out..mine should be here Monday finally !

Damn...you've been waiting a while! I got mine, played on it for a while, and sold it before you even got tracking info :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats & enjoy it :rock: it's a cool amp!

MetalHeadMike":1tycye6f said:
riffermadness":1tycye6f said:
riffermadness":1tycye6f said:

Damn...you've been waiting a while! I got mine, played on it for a while, and sold it before you even got tracking info :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats & enjoy it :rock: it's a cool amp!
Yes indeed..mine made it here Monday afternoon,and I had a chance to play it,not crank it up yet but early indications point to it sounding amazing ! The quality is the first thing I noticed..definitely heavier than the 3 other small sized amp heads I've had.
Glad it finally got here !

Back