Got a Suhr IR a few weeks ago. Anyone Else Digging It?

zuel69":1685b5wr said:
marshall2553":1685b5wr said:
zuel69":1685b5wr said:
I picked up the Boss TAE and it sounds great as do the effects. I have run into 2 issues with the unit, the parameters on the effects can not be midi controlled..Dammit! I want to be able to control the Delay mix with a midi CC# and an expression pedal..the other is the amp CTRL, is only TS instead of TRS which kind of kills it for complete control of my Friedmans.
Haven't tried the IR's yet but I have updated it to the latest firmware and it worked but was definitely not as slick as the Fractal updater.

I really do think it's great tho, looking forward to dialing it in with a pa system.
Literally just got mine today and I'm liking it so far, but the amp control jack being only TS is a bummer. I would love to be able to use it to switch my BE50 and Wildwood Smallbox.

Those are my exact amps.. :rock: I was trying to eliminate the cable snake from my FX8 but I guess that's the way it's gotta be for now.
I don't want to derail this thread too much, but you should try running the Smallbox Plexi channel like you would a normal Plexi into the TAE (or Suhr RL for that matter). Dime channel 1 volume, gain at 1 or 2 o'clock, all EQ around 1 o'clock except keep the bass a little lower, bright switch in the darker position or it gets crazy bright. It completely cured any GAS I had for a Plexi, it's just glorious. I've tried a few boutique Plexi clones in the past and none of them were any better than this setup.

Back