Who here has been banned from TheGearPage TGP?

I was recently banned from two guitar forums. Both of which I’m not the slightest bit sorry. I don’t apologize, and I’d say all the same stuff over again a billion times.

The first one was literally the dumbest shit I’ve ever f*cking heard. It was on a forum called “Guitar Gear Forum”, and literally all I did was say that I did not like DSLs or EVH amps. In typical guitar forum fashion, they all ganged up on me, called me a “troll” (because everything someone disagrees with on the internet nowadays is automatically a “troll”). Next thing I know, I was banned, and the reason was literally because I had the wrong opinion on amplifiers. Namely, I didn’t like DSLs or EVHs.

So I said f*ck those communists, and their “wrong think” rules on that crap-ass forum, and went to TGP. That was the sorriest bunch of dipshits I’ve ever talked to. I started a off topic thread wherein I shared a video of Nirvana bashing Extreme, then asked what people thought of it. I was decent enough to write in the body of my post not to bash Nirvana, even though I took Extreme’s side, as they are my favorite band. The whole thread was 17 pages long of everyone once again ganging up on me, ripping on Extreme, and just doing what jerks on the internet do and crucifying me. Even though I never once bashed Nirvana, and even sang Nirvana’s praises on some posts. I merely defended Extreme. Didn’t matter to them. Extreme and me I guess were just supposed to be their punching bags. So I got tired of their crap and made a final post wherein I said I hated Nirvana, and was happy Cobain blew his head off. I expected to be banned for that one, and sure enough was. I consider it a badge of honor. To hell with those nerdy internet jerkoffs who probably can’t even play.

MonsterTone":2np7g6fo said:
I was recently banned from two guitar forums. Both of which I’m not the slightest bit sorry. I don’t apologize, and I’d say all the same stuff over again a billion times.

The first one was literally the dumbest shit I’ve ever f*cking heard. It was on a forum called “Guitar Gear Forum”, and literally all I did was say that I did not like DSLs or EVH amps. In typical guitar forum fashion, they all ganged up on me, called me a “troll” (because everything someone disagrees with on the internet nowadays is automatically a “troll”). Next thing I know, I was banned, and the reason was literally because I had the wrong opinion on amplifiers. Namely, I didn’t like DSLs or EVHs.

So I said f*ck those communists, and their “wrong think” rules on that crap-ass forum, and went to TGP. That was the sorriest bunch of dipshits I’ve ever talked to. I started a off topic thread wherein I shared a video of Nirvana bashing Extreme, then asked what people thought of it. I was decent enough to write in the body of my post not to bash Nirvana, even though I took Extreme’s side, as they are my favorite band. The whole thread was 17 pages long of everyone once again ganging up on me, ripping on Extreme, and just doing what jerks on the internet do and crucifying me. Even though I never once bashed Nirvana, and even sang Nirvana’s praises on some posts. I merely defended Extreme. Didn’t matter to them. Extreme and me I guess were just supposed to be their punching bags. So I got tired of their crap and made a final post wherein I said I hated Nirvana, and was happy Cobain blew his head off. I expected to be banned for that one, and sure enough was. I consider it a badge of honor. To hell with those nerdy internet jerkoffs who probably can’t even play.
Wonder how long you'll last here?

I'll just say I've noticed a tendency to go way overboard when someone disagrees with you. Here's a hint, when someone offers you a valid comparison while disagreeing with you, the proper response doesn't usually include the words, "small dicked $slur_for_homosexual_male." I believe that played a roll in your ban on at least one forum.

Don't let me stop the inferiority pity party though. Seems like a good time.

I've been banned only twice on gear forums. Once for posting an incoming new guitar day on SSO (which I'm still trying to figure out), and once for a "death threat" for saying, "I could tell you, but. . ." to somebody. That one was legitimately funny to me.

nightflameauto":ol61iz5y said:
MonsterTone":ol61iz5y said:
"small dicked $slur_for_homosexual_male." I believe that played a roll in your ban on at least one forum.
Nope, you’re 100% incorrect.

That is NOT how it happened, and that is not why I was banned. I did not start calling people names until after my first account was banned simply for saying I did not like EVHs or DSLs. The notification they sent me for being banned simply read “alt”, as the reason for banning me. I had no clue what that meant, so I opened up a private browser, created a new account (named “WTF”), then proceeded to make a thread demanding to know why I had been banned. Numerous guys there including the mod said it was because I expressed negative views of those amps, and therefore they didn’t want me there, hence the word “alt” meaning “alternative lifestyle/not fitting in”.

It was only after that incident, which blew my everloving mind, that I started calling them “small-dick etc...” Oddly enough, last I checked, they never banned me for that. My second account is still up for all I know. I haven’t been back to that stupid forum.

So yeah, you’re 100% wrong. But I wanted to clarify. You said you “noticed a pattern” in my behavior. Been stalking me or something? How much do you know about me?

MonsterTone":1q2j1ptg said:
nightflameauto":1q2j1ptg said:
MonsterTone":1q2j1ptg said:
"small dicked $slur_for_homosexual_male." I believe that played a roll in your ban on at least one forum.
Nope, you’re 100% incorrect.

That is NOT how it happened, and that is not why I was banned. I did not start calling people names until after my first account was banned simply for saying I did not like EVHs or DSLs. The notification they sent me for being banned simply read “alt”, as the reason for banning me. I had no clue what that meant, so I opened up a private browser, created a new account (named “WTF”), then proceeded to make a thread demanding to know why I had been banned. Numerous guys there including the mod said it was because I expressed negative views of those amps, and therefore they didn’t want me there, hence the word “alt” meaning “alternative lifestyle/not fitting in”.

It was only after that incident, which blew my everloving mind, that I started calling them “small-dick etc...” Oddly enough, last I checked, they never banned me for that. My second account is still up for all I know. I haven’t been back to that stupid forum.

So yeah, you’re 100% wrong. But I wanted to clarify. You said you “noticed a pattern” in my behavior. Been stalking me or something? How much do you know about me?
Yeah, that's what I do. Trawl message boards specifically to find you.

"alt" means you were an alt account of a previous user. They were picking on you same as they pick on everybody else. But you knew that.

Why does anyone give a shit if they are on TGP, or any message board or not? There is so much knowledge on the internet. You don't need one place or another.

Lol, I got banned 2x within a 10-day period. 1st ban for posting a "whambulance" pic on a thread about gear pricing. 2nd ban for posting a cake depicting a female anatomical part.

I got banned for posting a cartoon of someone who was given a choice to walk around shit or sit in it and rub it all over themselves.
The underlying meaning was you have the choice to let something effect you or choose not too.

I guess that was too deep for them to understand. Result= BAN

I got banned for about a week about posting some shenanigans at a former workplace which I deleted. Then I got banned for a year for posting a picture of toilet with diarrhea all over it. In all honesty, TGP isn't all that and a bag of chips. TGP has become an adult nursery for old crybaby, blues playing, fat/skinny dudes who want to pontificate the differences between handwired or PCB in their amps and other cork sniffing, butt smelling subjects. I did like their gear emporiums and have scored quite a few cool pieces of gear that I use to this day.

I just chill, hang out here or some other forums that I'm interested in, and move on. A lot of the comments from people who like to argue, are not knowledgeable about things they never owned, had experience with a particular piece of gear, someone made fun of their musical idol, etc. was fun to interact with, but that train has left the station. Sharing my playing or gear knowledge or experiences with people who are eager to belittle or ridicule you is like putting the pearls before the swine. I can see why a lot of the pro players have left TGP forum not to come back either. The mods are too eager to ban someone who stands up to them or has opinions that differ from their own. At the end of the day, it's their forum & rules and I chose not to abide by it which results in my ban from that forum. Not the end of the world, in my book! Regardless of my ban on TGP, I'm enjoying life, playing my guitars with my bands, and doing the things that I need or want to do without anyone's need of approval.

Guitar George

Attachments

• 91p+eYK7v+L._SY355_.jpg
    91p+eYK7v+L._SY355_.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 7,925
I mentioned something about Neil Schon being a MAGA and got bitchslapped for a week there.
Now THAT'S stretching the politics rule if you ask me.
Bastids! :gethim:

I opened another account there a few weeks ago. In the middle of the night I posted a pic of a dude sucking another dude's rod. It was 4 a.m. so I thought I could get some mileage out of it, but they took it down within minutes and of course banned me for eternity. Or so they think.

:gethim:

sutepaj":iikv0xmn said:
Why does anyone give a shit if they are on TGP, or any message board or not? There is so much knowledge on the internet. You don't need one place or another.

Truth.

MetalHeadMike":1jpa9wfv said:
Scumback Speakers":1jpa9wfv said:
I can't figure out why politics, religion and other charged non music/gear subjects are brought up on any forum. Maybe it's just me, but the old saying of "I never discuss politics, or religion..." seems to work out best in any public arena.

Agreed :thumbsup:

This here. I keep religion and politics where it belongs. It doesn't belong on a gear forum. IMO it doesn't belong on Facebook either. I deleted my Facebook because I got sick of all the people talking about political shit.

I have been banned from TGP in the past, once or twice. I don't go on there because it's like you are walking on eggshells. I don't enjoy that. That is why I post here.

Back