Torpedo Live - Input level jumps sometimes. Silent, loud, ..

felixm

Hey guys :) Just bought the Torpedo Live and really like it so far!

But actually I got a very weird Problem. The Torpedo Live is connected to a Marshall Studio Classic Amp via the speaker in. Initially it works fine for a very short period of time but now and then the input level jumps. Sometimes it gets really silent, sometimes it jumps back to the original volume again and the other time to something in between. Sometimes it works well for 15 minutes and then it happens again.

It's a new Marshall Amp, the Guitar does not have any problems as I'm using it in band practices all the time and also the speaker cable is new. The input level by the way does not only change in my headphones or monitors, but also the LEDs on the torpedo sometimes go up to the orange LEDs and sometimes only hit the first green one. The DI out -> DAW of the Marshall works fine as well.

The only thing I can imagine is that the speaker cable is broken or the Torpedo has some Firmware problem regarding the input?

Maybe somebody can help me here, otherwise I need to send it back and order a new one and hope it's not happening there anymore :)

Cheers, Felix!

Hi Felix,

that's a weird issue that looks a lot like power amp tube damage (and that's weird for a new amp). Are you sure the line out tap on the amp uses the power amp stage or just the preamp stage (to make sure you actually hear the same signal as the Torpedo)?

The live does not "read" the input really, if the level jumps and the bargraph follows the jump, especially at the input, either the amp or something between the amp and the Torpedo must have an issue.

It can also be the Torpedo loadbox but changes in volume happening at the loadbox stage would be a first.

Would be best in my opinion that you contact our Help Desk so the engineers can help you directly.

Back