bought a new guitar today

splatter

The band I'm in plays 1/2 step down and all my guitars have floyds. I play other places where I need standard so tuning up and down isn't an option.
So I bought this
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... allic-flat

Its not the color I wanted but for $500 off i wasn't going to pass.
So for that discount I called sweetwater and ask just how scratched and dented is this. He said its not used that its basically a second .They come from Ibanez that way and it basically impossible to find the scratch. SCORE!

here is the link to its un-scratched brother

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... allic-flat

ElectricVoodoo":z28pnfw8 said:
Nice !!!!
Great guitar. I want the frozen blue one. You got a great deal !
Been doing that for a long time . I had a Morpheus , other guitarist has a Digitech.I sold the Morpheus and have been dropping it with my FX8.

All of these work well at stage volume . At low volumes they don’t track well and it sounds like ass .
We rehearse at low volume and I just can’t take it any more.

Love that color!!!!! Nice.

I was looking at getting the fluorescent green one with reverse headstock and stainless frets. The 5220 i think.

Love Ibanez.

Happy NGD. I have the same guitar and and I love it (I also have a thing for Orange). I like the stock Dimarzio Fusion Edge pick ups.

So the guitar arrived on Monday and the guy at Sweetwater was correct .I can't find the imperfection that caused this to be reduced.
Love the guitar ,I was worried about the thin neck but I'm erally bonding with it .This my become my favorite .

If your thinking about trying one, go for it. Great guitars and I got mine for a steal.

BTW they still have more "scratch and dent" models for sale at sweetwater

I am pretty sure that you will find more of them in your collection soon.

I brought one home, had five a few months later. It's ibanizititus. Severe untreatable kind of gas

Nice score man, that thing looks killer!

ClintN667":1gcp3uia said:
Nice score I would have just got a digitech drop pedal but buying a new guitar is more fun!

I have one, and while it works for simple stuff, but it doesn't track well enough for fast riffs. you can feel the lag when trying to play licks like Maiden Number of the Beast, or Metallica Master of Puppets (any Metallica, really.)

splatter":3ahis089 said:
So the guitar arrived on Monday and the guy at Sweetwater was correct .I can't find the imperfection that caused this to be reduced.
Love the guitar ,I was worried about the thin neck but I'm erally bonding with it .This my become my favorite .

If your thinking about trying one, go for it. Great guitars and I got mine for a steal.

BTW they still have more "scratch and dent" models for sale at sweetwater
Yep you got it at a great price..I got the one in Antique White Blonde with the Dimarzio pickups for $1399..the necks are really nice and comfortable..love that orange one.

I like the look of the new models, but swear that the slightly older JCraft ones were better.

But either way they are sweet guitars.

I am down with the ibanizititus sickness for sure.

I bought a white one about a month ago when they had 48 month financing. I was debating returning it just because I don't usually buy new and hate paying full price, but I just can't bring myself to part with it. My first Ibanez and it is a fantastic guitar. I wasn't sure about the thin neck, but the worst thing I can say about it is that it makes all my other guitar necks (and I don't play very thick necks, PRS wide thin, etc.) seem fat lol. It played and sounded great right out of the box.

This is it.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ite-blonde

swamptrashstompboxes":1utoez52 said:
I am pretty sure that you will find more of them in your collection soon.

I brought one home, had five a few months later. It's ibanizititus. Severe untreatable kind of gas
+1 :LOL: :LOL:
I bought a 2018 RG Prestige and then replaced three other guitars with three more RG's. The Super Wizard neck profile is killer!

jeff5":2dodv8e9 said:
I bought a white one about a month ago when they had 48 month financing. I was debating returning it just because I don't usually buy new and hate paying full price, but I just can't bring myself to part with it. My first Ibanez and it is a fantastic guitar. I wasn't sure about the thin neck, but the worst thing I can say about it is that it makes all my other guitar necks (and I don't play very thick necks, PRS wide thin, etc.) seem fat lol. It played and sounded great right out of the box.

This is it.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ite-blonde

Bad ass guitar man. Love the looks of that one!!!! My son has the 7 string version.

well, I found the defect on the guitar.
It's inside the bridge pickup cavity. The paint is wavy and looks like hell. Guess i will have to send it back :LOL: :LOL:
I literally went over the entire guitar with a magnifying glass and can't find anything.

Awesome grab! I'll be honest, I normally don't love the orange colored guitars for the most part, but for some reason with the wood showing thru, I really like it! It is crazy that one thing like that can sway me a certain way.

romanianreaper":90mggg3q said:
Awesome grab! I'll be honest, I normally don't love the orange colored guitars for the most part, but for some reason with the wood showing thru, I really like it! It is crazy that one thing like that can sway me a certain way.

I don't like the color but I didn't buy it to look at . Also when I'm plying it I can't really see what it looks like . For $500 off about the only color I wouldln't have taken would be pink

Back