What Orange amp do you have?

I love what I've heard of the Dual Dark and came close to ordering one a couple times, but I can't get past that single knob eq on Channel B. That would drive me nuts.

Rocker 15 Terror
Brent Hinds Terror
Jim Root Signature #4 Terror
Dark Terror
Micro Dark Terror
Custom Marshall 412 with Celestion Vintage 30s @ 8 Ohms
Two EVH 5150 III 112s comes with Celestion Heritage @ 16 Ohms
Modified Blackstar HT112 with Celstion Vintage 30 @ 16 Ohms
a07125b84e8c530667fa3ef1176fcb87.jpg

Currently just a Thunderverb 50 and a PPC412. After a ton of buying and selling this was the one that stayed and just “fit” right. Would love another OR15 in the future, with the Jim Root mod wired to a switch to change between voicings, I’d also love for Orange to bring back another BIG iron amp, perhaps a Thunderverb 200 Mk2.

Previously owned:
Dark Terror
Jim Root Terror
Rockerverb 100 Mk3
Dual Dark 50
OR15
Thunderverb 200

I'm thinking the Retro 50 is giving me all the beef that I want in my sound

bA6Kwrc.jpg

zldZH1u.jpg

Good build quality on this one ^

It's got a good vintage tone to it and seems to love pedals right in the front end (all I ever run is maybe an OD and a delay).

Rocker 15 Terror
Brent Hinds Terror
Jim Root Signature #4 Terror
Dark Terror
Micro Dark Terror
Custom Marshall 412 with Celestion Vintage 30s @ 8 Ohms
Two EVH 5150 III 112s comes with Celestion Heritage @ 16 Ohms
Modified Blackstar HT112 with Celstion Vintage 30 @ 16 Ohms
a07125b84e8c530667fa3ef1176fcb87.jpg

I just did a 100 ohm cathode bias resistor and 6n14n tubes to my Brent Hinds, and my god! 150 ohm isn’t enough juice. 120 is great, 100 is Van Halen, especially on 7 watt. The whole amp gets browned like a variac on that setting. May go as low as 75ohm with a DPDT switch for different bias at different voltages

The B+ is about like a Z Wreck, and the good doctor uses the old Russkie EL84’s with the 100 ohm.

If you’ve never had the 6n14n’s, do yourself a favor and try a set. They are head and shoulders above JJ’s and are basically 7189 spec.

7 watt, 100ohm, dimed EQ, gain @ 3 ‘o’clock, 8 ohm out into a 16 ohm V30 is Van Halen mode.

So delicious!

current orange amp is CR120 head - so much fun. great tone, great bargin. lots of vids on how the gain staging knobs function and all sorts of other tones you can do with it, grab an eq pedal in the fx loop to add presence frquencies and u have a very affordable rig doing everything from aping vintage marshall to modern scooped metsl sounds.

i got this used cr120 head for 290, sold the orange brand double footswitch for about 40 (as i have all sorts of cheap and homemade channel seitching boxes) and voila, $250 cr120 head, amid the covid pricing insantiy.

anyone that says its gain channel sounds bad is just a person that really doesnt like the rocker or more modern orange tone, because this what i think of when i think orange tone

oranges previously owned:
rocker 15 terror - amazing amp, kinda regret letting it go, sold when i got the cr120. may revisit this amp someday

micro dark - hard rock to metal head’s super affordable back up amp to bring to gig. EXCELLENT beginner’s head for the metal head in the house.

original run of tiny terror. this is what started the orange train for me. owned for around 6 years

Hi All,

I was hoping everyone could post pics of their current Orange set-up! I'd love to see what everybody has in their arsenal!
Jim Root Dark Terror with a custom 2x12 cab and eminence attenuated speakers. Rips

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100
Ahh, this thread makes me want more Oranges. I currently have a TH30 and CR120H. I adore both of them. Really killer sounding. Two PPC412’s and a 212.

Had a MKI Rockerverb that I kind of regret trading, even though it needed work, and a Jim Root Terror. I miss the Jim Root a lot. Small, loud and sounded great.

I’d like to get a Rockerverb MK3 and a Brent Hinds sometime.

Ahh, this thread makes me want more Oranges. I currently have a TH30 and CR120H. I adore both of them. Really killer sounding. Two PPC412’s and a 212.

Had a MKI Rockerverb that I kind of regret trading, even though it needed work, and a Jim Root Terror. I miss the Jim Root a lot. Small, loud and sounded great.

I’d like to get a Rockerverb MK3 and a Brent Hinds sometime.
The Hinds is bad ass. All the newer 15 watt amps need 100 ohm bias resistors to replace the 150’s.

Does the hinds have the classic sound to it that others have mentioned? It sounds like it may be the one I want. Prices for it used are fairly high when I manage to find one.

Does the hinds have the classic sound to it that others have mentioned? It sounds like it may be the one I want. Prices for it used are fairly high when I manage to find one.
Got it for $299 STOTD a while back from my Dad for Christmas. It's more a Plexi voiced EQ, sounds killer.

Back