Friedman BE100 Deluxe is finally here

LP Freak":v5jfltdd said:
Dave, I’d be happy to make another IPhone clip for you like I did for the BE50 that’s on your website. Only problem is I’d need an amp. ;)

Nice try slick.... :D :LOL: :LOL:

Dave will send me the amp and a nice matching 4x12. You come over to the house and we'll have tea and crumpets then record some clips. You head home afterwards, but leave Friedman goods at my house as a parting gift.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I really hate all of you on this damn forum by the way. I finally had my life down to a Fractal Axe-Fx II and monitors and was perfectly happy. My back was aligned, hernia surgeries over, etc. Now I'm f'ing creeping back into the tube amp world because of the "tonez!!".

It is just a matter of time before my posts are full of "what tubes are you guys using?", "how do you bias a $50,000 Italian Tube amp?" and crap like that...bastards...... :doh:

scottosan":2wb0qe5g said:
I prefer LP Freaks demos better than any of this guys demos. They always sound like cab emulated recordings. The reality is that you can make most amps sound good in a production environment. Just another opinion of preferring in room recordings for amp demos

I agree.

Nice. Seems like the perfect BE to me. I've been waiting for a BE with a plexi clean. I'll be getting one.

I get sick of the paid review thing. Rez isn't my favorite like some of you, but I don't detest him nearly as much as some of the people on the boards.

I also don't like half of the clips that are done with a stupid amount of processing that go into them.

I would like to hear two things:
1 - good in room
2 - SM57 into a common cab with common speakers

That's what matters to me. How it would sound in my home, and how it would sound through monitors at a gig. Anybody can process the fuck out of anything and get what they want.

That's me. ???

I gotta agree on LP Freak and add him to my list of Lunati and JerEvil. Great in-room clips. ...Looks like a lot on here like the in-room sounds. There's an in-room clip post of the 100 DLX right now on the Facebook Friedman User Group page and it was really good.

RACKSYSTEMS":2m2rt2us said:
You can’t fucking win... amp was recorded for the common listening source these days.. iPhone,ipad laptop, computer speakers etc... really this is what the vast majority of people listen on.. of course it can get aggressive and bright.. if I dial it that then you get complaints it sounds like shit when someone listens on a iPhone.. maybe I’ll do a video comparing it to a plexi and a 800 and 800 boosted and not tell anyone what is what...

Listening and make decision on a 4k amp based on iphone, ipad, laptop speaker is utterly stupid. It's only good for listening that tripplet feel hihat and mumbling after sharpieing up your face.
Seriously people who are spending a fortune on cables, speakers, amps, pickups, etc. should man up, and start listening sheet on some proper sheet.

romanianreaper":1peofou9 said:
LP Freak":1peofou9 said:
Dave, I’d be happy to make another IPhone clip for you like I did for the BE50 that’s on your website. Only problem is I’d need an amp. ;)

Nice try slick.... :D :LOL: :LOL:

Dave will send me the amp and a nice matching 4x12. You come over to the house and we'll have tea and crumpets then record some clips. You head home afterwards, but leave Friedman goods at my house as a parting gift.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I really hate all of you on this damn forum by the way. I finally had my life down to a Fractal Axe-Fx II and monitors and was perfectly happy. My back was aligned, hernia surgeries over, etc. Now I'm f'ing creeping back into the tube amp world because of the "tonez!!".

It is just a matter of time before my posts are full of "what tubes are you guys using?", "how do you bias a $50,000 Italian Tube amp?" and crap like that...bastards...... :doh:
Hey, nobody’s twisting your arm pal ! ?

aftec":2amscv2z said:
Listening and make decision on a 4k amp based on iphone, ipad, laptop speaker is utterly stupid. It's only good for listening that tripplet feel hihat and mumbling after sharpieing up your face.
Seriously people who are spending a fortune on cables, speakers, amps, pickups, etc. should man up, and start listening sheet on some proper sheet.

Yeah and see this is one of the downsides to online sales. I know people say they can just send back gear if they don't like it but there is nothing better than going into a store and seeing the amp or guitar you want, and running it thru it's paces.

In my opinion, most of the online clips actually make me want to buy something more because I know it is going to sound better in the room when I have it.

I don't love every tone he dialed in, but I think the guy did a good job on the demo. He mixed things up enough for me (used a strat, an LP, gave a sense of the clean, crunch and gained out tones). People talk about wanting in-the-room tones, but most times when people record with an iPhone or iPad, it ends up sounding like shit.

There never seems to be any shortage of people on youtube who use their iPhones to record 100 watt amps in their basements. And what you often end up with is so much clipping and distortion that it sounds like a complete mess. Then to top it off, most of the listeners are listening to these very same clips on their fucking iPhones or iPads before they start to type away on their keyboards to offer their expert opinions on the sonic nuances of these recordings.

i think it sounds great! i personally much prefer professional clips as opposed to room clips. room mics can catch the character of an amp, but for me close mic recording gives a much closer detail of the tone. thanks for the vid!

romanianreaper":nbfda66u said:
aftec":nbfda66u said:

Yeah and see this is one of the downsides to online sales. I know people say they can just send back gear if they don't like it but there is nothing better than going into a store and seeing the amp or guitar you want, and running it thru it's paces.

In my opinion, most of the online clips actually make me want to buy something more because I know it is going to sound better in the room when I have it.
I think with this forum, we all have a built in advantage with the reviews we'll get from the first few guys who buy any new amp. I know I'll wait to hear from someone who's ears I trust, as there are many here who like similar tone settings to mine. I know the BE 50 is killer because of the guys who've bought one, I trust their ears.
One thing Reza did with some of his demos is turn the EQ knobs..not everyone digs his vids but I liked that part of them.

Racerxrated":13yw3dxp said:
I think with this forum, we all have a built in advantage with the reviews we'll get from the first few guys who buy any new amp. I know I'll wait to hear from someone who's ears I trust, as there are many here who like similar tone settings to mine. I know the BE 50 is killer because of the guys who've bought one, I trust their ears.
One thing Reza did with some of his demos is turn the EQ knobs..not everyone digs his vids but I liked that part of them.

Oh yeah brother, good point and you are absolutely right. Some of us have been on this forum, and HC prior, that someone can describe a tone or a feel and I know exactly what they are talking about. Someone can literally say "yeah the amp has the pork chop, but the gravy is missing and could've used a side" and that will mean it has ample gain on tap but you might need a pedal and not enough options.

There is so much out there now and so many builders, that I've had to drill down to a particular tone or type of amp/pedal and stick with it. I love so many types of tones (Marshall, Mesa, Diezel, Cameron, Friedman, etc., etc.) that I was flipping amps like a wild chimp and just chasing everything. I know that my primary favorite tone is the modded Marshall. So that allows me to limit myself a bit. It does help that I have a Fractal as well but I end up using the same damn tones anyway. LOL!

Yea I couldn't agree more. This is the sound that sold me. I would think the deluxe gets you this and more. I'm constantly chasing this tone with my BE!

Now that the Deluxe is out, I will be the broke ass I am snag a BE-100 when everyone is selling theirs for the Deluxe. Haha.

... Still out of budget. Haha :)

Getting a used one is like paying half price for 1st gen. Maybe not exactly 50% less but its damn close! Considering the workhorse your getting it's kind of hard to resist!

Racerxrated":1gcy5l4k said:
MetalHeadMike":1gcy5l4k said:
Junk Yard Dog":1gcy5l4k said:
Dave's amps are what they are: you dig 'em or you don't. You can't base it off of a clip.

This pretty much!

I think its hilarious when people judge an amp, or any gear, from clips :hys: They are fun to listen to and useful to a degree in painting a broad picture of a particular piece of gear, but to give your impressions of an amp based on a clip.... :hys:
I don't think anyone is judging the amp....just the demo. We all know the amp is killer, based on the reviews of the BE 50. Just change the EQ a bit during the demo, to show the different tones that it can produce.
That's all.
:dunno:

Fair enough. Got on my soapbox there I guess.

psychodave":hr50z6z6 said:
I listened to the official 100 deluxe video earlier today and it sounded cool for rock and roll, but it’s missing that pissed off aggression I’ve grown to love in Marshall’s driven with a pedal and modded Marshall’s. Of course this is just from listening to the official video and not playing one in person. Before some thinks I’m just a Friedman hater, I own a BE pedal and think it’s great. I long for the day that Friedman puts out an original amp not based on the same Jose design.
This.

swamptrashstompboxes":37rgeolp said:
Now that the Deluxe is out, I will be the broke ass I am snag a BE-100 when everyone is selling theirs for the Deluxe. Haha.

... Still out of budget. Haha :)

I've got two in forums for sale now: 2017 BE100 and 2018 BE50 DLX. I am NOT making room for the BE100 DLX; rather, I'm investing in some career certifications and using the cash that way.

Prices are very competitive and amps in great shape.

Back