From D-Moll to Herbert Mk3?

K-100, sold my FL V30 412, it didn’t do it for me with the original D-Moll like the K-100 cab. Now debating buying another one like an asshole or a new FL Uberkab V30/G12t75, would welcome your thoughts of course.

The Diezel FL K-100 412 and whatever I choose will be mostly for the Herbert, the VH4 goes through rear loaded cabs, a Marshall 2551BV and Friedman 412/15 with Fullbacks and changed out G12h75 Creambacks

RyeDaddy":1dq375lm said:
K-100, sold my FL V30 412, it didn’t do it for me with the original D-Moll like the K-100 cab. Now debating buying another one like an asshole or a new FL Uberkab V30/G12t75, would welcome your thoughts of course.

The Diezel FL K-100 412 and whatever I choose will be mostly for the Herbert, the VH4 goes through rear loaded cabs, a Marshall 2551BV and Friedman 412/15 with Fullbacks and changed out G12h75 Creambacks
The G12K100-FL is my fave Diezel cab out of their lot. That said, it is a bit stiff, but records incredibly well - very neutral. It's my fave Diezel cab.

However, I run straight FL-UberKabs now for all my high gain heads. I've just come to love them - for all amps of the "heavier" ilk, and hell, even for less ground and pound music, they're really versatile. I am also a huge fan of the mega underrated Fryette D412. THAT is an underrated cab, and surprisingly light considering how ballsy it is. Takes whatever replacement speakers you want, loves Fanes (stock) and the P50E is actually damn decent too, once they're broken in.

But for serious all around full-on mega-percent action, for me? It's front loaded UberKabs - flush across the board. I know a lot of people can't deal with having non-matching heads and cabs, but I let my ears be the arbiter of taste. And the UberKabs are just (again, "personally") my favourite all-round "heavier balls out" 412 on the planet.

YMMV, and out of respect to all things Diezel as this IS the Diezel subform, the G12K100-FL is top-drawer the finest 412 they've made and I love them dearly. I just find for the versatility of "other amps" and varying SPLs, the FL-UberKabs are my weapon of choice (and that's stock X pattern 30/75s).

...and that's running Hagen, D-Moll and VH4 through UberKabs. Just to clear up any potential confusion. Ubers sweeten notes, they bring liveliness to the V, they're amazing for the low-end of the Hagen, and they crush with the D-Moll. I ran a Herb Mk.I through one back in the day and that too sounded extremely good - I just didn't gel with the Herb back then. Maybe it's time to try the Mk.III

But for now?? I've got my arsenal and as weird as it is to say?? I have zero GAS.

Imagine :LOL: :LOL:

Ventura":1plr84af said:
...and that's running Hagen, D-Moll and VH4 through UberKabs. Just to clear up any potential confusion. Ubers sweeten notes, they bring liveliness to the V, they're amazing for the low-end of the Hagen, and they crush with the D-Moll. I ran a Herb Mk.I through one back in the day and that too sounded extremely good - I just didn't gel with the Herb back then. Maybe it's time to try the Mk.III

But for now?? I've got my arsenal and as weird as it is to say?? I have zero GAS.

Well that seems to be the nudge I needed. That other guy’s tolex is rad as hell, too. :rock: I like what I’ve heard of the Fryette P50e FL cabs too. Gotta find one to try sometime.

I’m with you, don’t care whether cabs match or not. It’s about how they sound. I love my VH4 through the rear load Marshall 2551BV cab with V30s, never could quite get along with the Diezel FL with all V30s for some reason with either the D-Moll or the VH4. Too screechy, even as a V30 fan. The K100 FL cab though is a grinder from hell.

RyeDaddy":10ex3s32 said:
Ventura":10ex3s32 said:

Well that seems to be the nudge I needed. That other guy’s tolex is rad as hell, too. :rock: I like what I’ve heard of the Fryette P50e FL cabs too. Gotta find one to try sometime.

I’m with you, don’t care whether cabs match or not. It’s about how they sound. I love my VH4 through the rear load Marshall 2551BV cab with V30s, never could quite get along with the Diezel FL with all V30s for some reason with either the D-Moll or the VH4. Too screechy, even as a V30 fan. The K100 FL cab though is a grinder from hell.
Keep us posted what you think of the VH4 and Herb through the UberKab. I found it super lively for the VH4 - but remaining sinister as hell and potent.

Unkle Mo

Back