Any Overkill fans here?!?

Mailman1971

Buddy let me hear their new cd.
Shit was kicking!! :rock:
Freshest metal I’ve heard in years.
Last time I remembered the guitarist using a Fortin amp.
It’s just crushing good!
Well to me at least. :D

Love em! A buddy of mine just sent me a shite ton of music and in that was damn near everything Overkill has put out. Takes me way back :rock:

They got a new one out then Dan? Googling now.

Same guitarist from WIDE FUCKEN OPEN after all these years. I make an effort to see these guys when they tear through town. Can always depend on them to put on a punishing show!! These guys still put out quality material.

Id say in the past few years “white devil armory” has been my favorite. I measure everything they do against horrorScope. Tough to outdo that CD.

My friend Rich played for Overkill back in the early 1980’s right after Spitz left. I’ve known Dave Linsk (Palinski) through a friend since the early 1990’s. Overkill is cool.

Killer story Dave :thumbsup:
Another bud on here knows them as well.
Really really dig what they are and has been doing.
No straying from that formula for sure!

Mailman1971":1ti4z2xi said:
Yes!!
I base everything off Coma.
That is my top 3 ever metal songs!

The change of pace and feel in the pre-chorus ("Cry out!") is damn cool. It's a great metal composition.

Loved Overkill from way back. Years of Decay, Horrorscope, Wide Fuckin' Open, heck, even Gutter and Taking Over were good. Kind of lost track of them during the second half of the nineties, but most everything I've heard still gets the blood pumping.

I've watched a couple documentaries with them where they say still, to this day, it's a grind. They tour, then take a few months off to pay off the tour, then kick it off again. Sad a band that good has to do that, but at least they're still making music.

Big fan of their 80's output, up to and including Horrorscope (1991). After that, meh, songwriting got generic and too many lineup changes.

One of my all time favorites. I kind of find the production on Wings Of War a bit dull but still killer. Have you all seen the documentary?

I love Overkill my first concert was when I was 12 years old during their tour for Years of Decay album back with Bobby Gustafason. There were only like 15-20 people there due to the weather but they played like it was a sold out festival. Seen them a ton since then. Looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

I dig Overkill as well and Bobby Blitz is funny as shit! I constantly go back and watch the "Bus Invaders" with him because always gives me a great chuckle. He was hilarious on "That Metal Show" too. The guy just tells hilarious stories and ends them with that raspy, smoker's laugh. Cracks me up. LOL

Have seen them live many times with various lineups. Several times in a small club. Blitz would hang out at the bar before the show. Very approachable and very cool.

Cannavino and gant played on W.F.O (same as horrorscope).

Comeau and marino (the following duo) used mesa tiaxis preamps live. Comeau used a strat plus through the triaxis live, and it sounded like WWIII (in a good way). I walked up to his rack during the show (very small club), and he just smiled

Coma is also my favorite. Perfect album

I dont play bass but want a bc rich spider bass in honor

Awesome band

Yeah, always loved Overkill, Years of decay and Horrorscope are my fave, but the rest have great songs too.

I have a Washburn Southern cross signed by Dave Linsk.

Will check the new album out for sure.

Back