Interesting EVH rig setup video by Johan Segeborn

Not to diverge here, but another one of my all-time favorite (IMO very underrated) hard rocking guitarists is Steve Stevens.

If you listen very closely to Steve's playing he's all over the place and a very prolific guitarist in rock, hard rock, glam metal, heavy metal, instrumental rock, flamenco, jazz and classic. Steve's tone is right up in the upper echelon with Eddie and possibly a shade or two more complex.

Check Steve's casual playing styles out here in this video, it's a very loose setting going through (at that time ~2012) the Roland G-5 VG Stratocaster. An amazing nearly robotic Fender Strat guitar utilizing Roland's COSM (Composite Object Sound Modeling) technology.

Fair enough. I wasn't around in 1975.lol. I understand that he was a pioneer, but that Steve Steven's clip blows him out of the water. IMO.

swamptrashstompboxes":39sndz4l said:
. . . but that Steve Steven's clip blows him out of the water. IMO.
Alright Swamp . . . be nice now. Everybody gets to swim in the pool. ;)

Giga.Blast":2hrjm30t said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2hrjm30t said:

Giga- we can all swim together, it's the right thing to do. Just no pissing in the pool. Good vibes... Lol

swamptrashstompboxes":idrwg6k2 said:
Fair enough. I wasn't around in 1975.lol. I understand that he was a pioneer, but that Steve Steven's clip blows him out of the water. IMO.
You do mean 'tone wise' correct? Because as much as I like SS, and somewhere in my storage boxes I do have the Atomic Playboys disc...as good as SS is he's no EVH.

Kinda confused.
Everyone says most of Eddies tone was in ‘his fingers’

Well I paid top buck. Got his fingers right here.
My tones still the same??

Attachments

• 1E04A128-BE76-4AB8-83A8-12375FB548BF.jpeg
    1E04A128-BE76-4AB8-83A8-12375FB548BF.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,066
Racerxrated":1kpx8ez8 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1kpx8ez8 said:
You do mean 'tone wise' correct? Because as much as I like SS, and somewhere in my storage boxes I do have the Atomic Playboys disc...as good as SS is he's no EVH.

Yes.

I do still think that EVH is stupidly overrated as a musician though. Don't get me wrong, he is likely better than I will ever be, but still, there are better. And also it's an opinion thing and preference as well.

Giga.Blast":2nnddno1 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2nnddno1 said:

You've gone off the deep end so many times you've probably got an Olympic swimming medal by now.

Mailman1971":27p8mgvy said:
Kinda confused.
Everyone says most of Eddies tone was in ‘his fingers’

Well I paid top buck. Got his fingers right here.
My tones still the same??

Oh man.... don't post crap like this on a guitar forum. Horrible nightmare for every one of us. :gethim:

swamptrashstompboxes":1k7rz9gr said:
Giga.Blast":1k7rz9gr said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1k7rz9gr said:

Giga- we can all swim together, it's the right thing to do. Just no pissing in the pool. Good vibes... Lol
Please no skinny dippin’ in the pool either lol

Ed got a lot of ideas and swing from Billy Gibbons. You can hear it or at least I can. In 1975-76 believe me the reverend live had what Ed built on tonewise and the swing. listen to fandango live

panhead":1tc1ztr0 said:
Ed got a lot of ideas and swing from Billy Gibbons. You can hear it or at least I can. In 1975-76 believe me the reverend live had what Ed built on tonewise and the swing. listen to fandango live

Absolutely! Bottom's Up is a total La Grange rip off :yes:

Back