NAD - Voodoo Modded JCM 800 2204

fender126":14lylte9 said:
Bad.Seed":14lylte9 said:
Update:
Trace called me today after seeing the email I had sent to Voodoo. Nice guy, definitely not shy. Haha
He explained to me that basically some of their records had been lost from the early days, but the amp either had the Hex mod or Witch Doctor Mod, and they weren't terribly different. He also said that these mods were not cheap, and after hearing what I paid, said I got an insane deal. So that's good.

He recommended me having a cap job done on the amp, as the caps in this one are stock, which attributes to the low end being slightly slow and mushy, so I've already got that in the works for this baby. It screams, and I'd love to be able to use it live, so I'm willing to dump some money into it. Glad I was able to speak to Trace on this, and even more so that it didn't cost me $240, HA!
Glad to hear it worked out! Everything else aside, Trace has always been a stand up guy.

Definitely a nice guy. Even offered some things he doesn't put out into the wild, but I won't repeat that here in respect to him (nothing sexual, or is it?)

I have the caps on order for this boy, F&T 50/50 500v. I'm thinking it'll be fresh as hell after everything done to it and ready to rip.

Back