Friedman BE-100 DLX - Short Review...

Junk Yard Dog

Walked into GC Saturday and low and behold the 100 DLX was sitting there on top of a brand new Friedman 4x12.

For reference, I still have a 2017 BE100 / 2018 BE50 DLX / JJ100 and I've had the Slax. I know these amps pretty well.

I, for one, am not planning to get a 100 DLX as I'm happy with the JJ100 right now. That said...

Hell. Fuggin. Yeah. BE100 DLX is really awesome. It has everything i wanted to mod/add in the BE100. The biggest features for me are, and in order...

1) Thump with Frequency Knob. My favorite is Freq: Left. That's that deep, JJ/Slax gut punch.
2) Smallbox Plexi
3) Feels like a more aggressive BE and HBE Channel in general. Can anyone confirm this or that Dave tweaked? Maybe it was just my ears on the day.
4) Response switch, middle position.... If anyone tries this and still feels the Friedman's or BE100 DLX does not have enough 'raw mids/Marshall type buzzsaw cut' I don't know what else you would need. It's crazy in your face.

The Frequency and Response knob are NOT subtle. They make a very marked difference to sound, feel, and tone. Many options. You can get it very bright and aggressive, in your face.

Do you NEED to dump your other Friedman's, that's up to you. But If you have the chance, go play one. Dave did a great job, as always.

Cheers.

I like your review. But no one is gonna tour with just songs from one album. Most of her tours are named after an album, but she always also sang songs from other albums.

KamGact":15ku7sjs said:
I like your review. But no one is gonna tour with just songs from one album. Most of her tours are named after an album, but she always also sang songs from other albums.

WTF. ...We need to update the SPAM blocker on this board.

Junk Yard Dog":ka65npxs said:
Walked into GC Saturday and low and behold the 100 DLX was sitting there on top of a brand new Friedman 4x12.

For reference, I still have a 2017 BE100 / 2018 BE50 DLX / JJ100 and I've had the Slax. I know these amps pretty well.

I, for one, am not planning to get a 100 DLX as I'm happy with the JJ100 right now. That said...

Hell. Fuggin. Yeah. BE100 DLX is really awesome. It has everything i wanted to mod/add in the BE100. The biggest features for me are, and in order...

1) Thump with Frequency Knob. My favorite is Freq: Left. That's that deep, JJ/Slax gut punch.
2) Smallbox Plexi
3) Feels like a more aggressive BE and HBE Channel in general. Can anyone confirm this or that Dave tweaked? Maybe it was just my ears on the day.
4) Response switch, middle position.... If anyone tries this and still feels the Friedman's or BE100 DLX does not have enough 'raw mids/Marshall type buzzsaw cut' I don't know what else you would need. It's crazy in your face.

The Frequency and Response knob are NOT subtle. They make a very marked difference to sound, feel, and tone. Many options. You can get it very bright and aggressive, in your face.

Do you NEED to dump your other Friedman's, that's up to you. But If you have the chance, go play one. Dave did a great job, as always.

Cheers.

Great review! I had the chance to A/B one next to my Butterslax and found i still prefer the feel and sound of my Slax for aggressive metal. With that said i feel the DLX is an incredible amp that really impressed me alot!

DragonCrestPC":24ywcw81 said:
Junk Yard Dog":24ywcw81 said:

2) Smallbox Plexi

Cheers.

Great review! I had the chance to A/B one next to my Butterslax and found i still prefer the feel and sound of my Slax for aggressive metal. With that said i feel the DLX is an incredible amp that really impressed me alot!

Nice review gooch.
Thanks for killing the gas DragonCrest, I was curious on this one

Back