My 'Jose' mod Plexi attempt diary

One last episode - head cab just arrived 8)

HmOmr0w.jpg

lq6Xswh.jpg

Tuy82fT.jpg

Congratulations on your build! Great craftmanship, great sound and great playing.
Can I ask you about the eyelets you used on the board? Im curious as I would like to be able to avoid using regular turrets.
Also, what type of resistor did you use on the preamp? Cheers!

mAx___":3hl0gbcy said:
Congratulations on your build! Great craftmanship, great sound and great playing.
Can I ask you about the eyelets you used on the board? Im curious as I would like to be able to avoid using regular turrets.

Thanks a lot!

I bought this eyelets in my Polish amp-parts store, here: https://amptone.pl/p/65/317/eyelet-eyl68-10pcs-.html

About resistors: These are Metal Film Dale CCF60's. My first choice since allways :rock:

Very nice work there sir! :rock:

Yeah, those CCF60's are :thumbsup:

I've got a build going right now using 1watt PRP's for the first time, so we'll see how they stack up, but I love those CCF60's.

Funny though, the last batch of CCF60's I got from Mouser were just light brown with the values written on them - no coloured bands.
It looks like a rabbit took a dump in my amp..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks again. Im after first gig with this head, and it is cutting really well!

About CCF60 - maybe they are changing appereance, in fact i am allways checking value of resistors by multimeter, cause i dont trust myself when indentifying them by stripes :LOL:

What is more, i've decided to boost it finally with a decent unit, and i've builded clone of Barber Direct Drive (the one with internal trims for presence and bass). On recent sample i was using just a silmpe cleanboost, now with direct drive i was able to controll final shape and presence of sound. To compare it, i recorded once again the same solo. Now to my taste, sound is much more clean and 'in-your-face'.

file.php

Recon":bnvpv0mu said:
mAx___":bnvpv0mu said:

Thanks a lot!

I bought this eyelets in my Polish amp-parts store, here: https://amptone.pl/p/65/317/eyelet-eyl68-10pcs-.html

About resistors: These are Metal Film Dale CCF60's. My first choice since allways :rock:
Thanks for that info! I'll try to find the eyelets here in the US. Probably a silly question but do you have to stake them to the board or do they just stay with pressure?
The CCF60s over here are all brown, no colour coding on them. Too bad.
Cheers,
M.

Back