The Diezel VHX (New 2019 Amp Prototype!!!)

Pain":3go2pvi4 said:
I'm already sold, just waiting to hear if it's a Kemper like amp or something new which sounds identical to each head channel it represents?
But that would be only if it represents every amp channel head identically to every other channel. However, it's very important to prepare for up and coming attractions and preparations with this amp. (303-227)

Hi Peter, I wanted to tell you that I'm checking this page almost daily for news about your new product. I almost bought my first Diezel-Amp (VH4) a few months back but I'm still waiting for this new amp to maybe change my mind. Anyways: Thank you for your enormous effort and creating such great products that enhance the experience of all our guitar sounds.

Hallo Peter, ich warte echt gespannt auf den neuen Verstärker. Möchte dir nur sagen, dass ich als (Hobby-)Musiker grosse Freude daran habe, wie ihr solch tolle Produkte entwickelt und mit welcher Philosophie ihr dahinter steht - da investier ich gerne und mit gutem Gewissen,- obs nun ein neueres Gerät (dieses?) oder ein etablierter VH4 ist. Hut ab :) .

Curious what's up with this amp?
I'm looking to get it if available or should I just snag a Herbert 3 and move on?

Its very close to the release. We will have one VHX at the NAMM
and I will built 10 pcs in January / February.

Giga.Blast":rt5oac1a said:
orionz06":rt5oac1a said:
So effectively 8 channels?
Maybe 8 multi-effect blocks. Not a 8 channel guitar amp. :aww:
The way I was looking at it was that one could have 8 blocks, with or without effects, such that you can program a full VH4, ch1-ch4, as well as 4 other channels from whatever else the amp has in it.

I'd love the smaller VH amp, but if this has the effective 8 channels, it may take precedent.

Or it could be X number of channels with 8 effects blocks to go with the lower number of channels.

Or we could just wait and see :student:

I'm sure whatever it is will be moving forward in technological advancement as per the "industry". Whether or not this translates to how devout Diezel users will receive the amp is up for debate. I doubt it's solely an analog amp (for lack of a better term), and that means some of the puritanism we DiezelHeads have become known for may have to flex a bit to realize where this new amp is going or who its target audience (thanks, Brian W.) is.

In Diezel I Trust.
But moreover, I trust in the Diezels I already have.

Peace & Powerchords :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Unkle Mo

orionz06":72ugy6qr said:
Giga.Blast":72ugy6qr said:
orionz06":72ugy6qr said:
So effectively 8 channels?
Maybe 8 multi-effect blocks. Not a 8 channel guitar amp. :aww:
The way I was looking at it was that one could have 8 blocks, with or without effects, such that you can program a full VH4, ch1-ch4, as well as 4 other channels from whatever else the amp has in it.

I'd love the smaller VH amp, but if this has the effective 8 channels, it may take precedent.

Or it could be X number of channels with 8 effects blocks to go with the lower number of channels.

It is indeed an "effective" 8 (1 + 1 + 1(3) + 1(3)) channel inside, structured this way:
There are 99 available PRESET and for each everything could be stored, including:

Preamp Style (4 different kind)
Shape (3 different kind on Preamp 3 and Preamp 4) or Bright on/off (Preamp 1 and Preamp 2)
Gain Pot Value
Bass-Mid-Treble Value
Mid-Cut Value
Presence Value
Depth Value
Channel Volume value
Up to 7 different effect each with it's own storable setting, including Serial/Parallel FX loop and a front (before preamp) FX Loop
Cabinet simulation for each patch

Below the current effects list:

IR Cab Simulator (always on)
Tuner (always on)
Preamp Loop
Effect Loop A
Effect Loop B
Noise Gate
Compressor
Pitch Shifter (polyphonic and low latency so detuning is easy as well)
Delay
Chorus
Flanger
Phaser
Reverb
Tremolo
Graphic Equalizer

Sounds great, what are the 4 different preamp sounds?

Are these heads in general like, Herbert, VH4 e.t.c?
Or amp channels like Hebert Clean, Hagen Ch2, VH4 Ch3, Herbert Ch3 e.t.c?

Pain":24z5z732 said:
Sounds great, what are the 4 different preamp sounds?

Are these heads in general like, Herbert, VH4 e.t.c?
Or amp channels like Hebert Clean, Hagen Ch2, VH4 Ch3, Herbert Ch3 e.t.c?

Using the Preamp + Shape + Bright combination (relays so actual tube circuits) you could get all the channels from all Diezel amps and more actually:
We tested it very accurately trough this year and we were amazed as well by the tonal capabilities it could get when you add the mid cut/compressor/graphic eq into play as well, so I believe it would make even non Diezel fan happy!

Back