Honestly, Was the BE-100 Deluxe Even Necessary?

Thunkful":350qo7sh said:
Is the deluxe version any closer to an original marshall soundwise? Or does it still have that more tamed and polished friedman sound going on?
Sounds like it can do open/aggressive Marshall as well as polished recorded tone Marshall. From what I've heard from guys anyway.

LP Freak":10n2pqsq said:
panhead":10n2pqsq said:
There is only so many ways you can twist a tube amp. A bass player in my band in 92 said all those amps you keep bringing to practice sound the same. LOL
That’s why he plays bass
Hey he also went on to make good money playing that bass.

panhead":34ywvowa said:
There is only so many ways you can twist a tube amp. A bass player in my band in 92 said all those amps you keep bringing to practice sound the same. LOL

Same here man, i went through every damn high gain amp on the market and guess what??? I always sounded the same. My bandmates where always scratching there heads, how many amps are you gonna bring in here they said. Lol

Its a rig talk thing i said :LOL: :LOL:

... Or even before that, a Harmony Central thing.....

7 Stringer":3re6tb0k said:
panhead":3re6tb0k said:

Same here man, i went through every damn high gain amp on the market and guess what??? I always sounded the same. My bandmates where always scratching there heads, how many amps are you gonna bring in here they said. Lol

I do think we split hairs over tone. There is some difference but we can do more noticable changes(at least to anyone who is listening to us) by dialing down the gain or tweaking the EQ of our existing amps but where is the fun in that?

ClintN667":zib7rngp said:
7 Stringer":zib7rngp said:
panhead":zib7rngp said:

I do think we split hairs over tone. There is some difference but we can do more noticable changes(at least to anyone who is listening to us) by dialing down the gain or tweaking the EQ of our existing amps but where is the fun in that?

We are splitting hairs man, like literally. The best thing i ever purchased to help my tone was an EQ pedal. World of a difference. Just ordered the new Boss EQ 200. That thing seems so damn cool. Midi controllable EQ!!!!!!! One for cleans, one for crunch, one for rythm and one for leads!!!!! Damn

Seems like a lot of fun, at a less expensive way that an amp tone chase is, like a lot.

But getting a new amp is a hard to replicate experience. When the Fedex truck backs up in your driveway and your in the window looking out there, for the past 3 hours, finally, the ecstasy has come to fruition!!!!!!!!

Ouff, that is pure bliss.

But the BE DLX seems very appealing, i would bite......

Totally op! And it looks cool... to me at least. :thumbsup: I see what you are saying and all but it's not the same. Thats almost like saying was the Butterslax necessary when there is already a JJ100 out.

Manufacturers have to have innovations if they are going to stay in business. There is not an infinite market. There are specific people that are going to buy your product, whether it is a car, guitar, amp, dishwasher. For cars, they release the same model name every year with a minor tweak, so your five year old car that you love, gets a new face lift. Same thing with amps, the average player isn't playing a BE100, they can't afford it. So you are in rarified territory to begin with. Then you have the used market to compete again, if he keeps pumping out the same amp, why would I spend money on a new one, when I can get the same thing for $500 cheaper? So, they make minor tweaks, to say, this is the NEWEST and BEST.

7 Stringer":b1i3owtk said:

No way dude. In the Harmony Central days I was changing amps more than I change underwear. :D :D :D

Everyone on that forum had G.A.S. so bad that most of us should have been seeing a therapist. I remember ordering an ENGL from DerekB while he was getting a haircut. He is sitting in the barber's chair and I can hear the clippers and it is all echoing, etc. and I'm asking "which one, the Blackmore or the Fireball???!!!". :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

romanianreaper":ld1hufyl said:
7 Stringer":ld1hufyl said:

No way dude. In the Harmony Central days I was changing amps more than I change underwear. :D :D :D

Everyone on that forum had G.A.S. so bad that most of us should have been seeing a therapist. I remember ordering an ENGL from DerekB while he was getting a haircut. He is sitting in the barber's chair and I can hear the clippers and it is all echoing, etc. and I'm asking "which one, the Blackmore or the Fireball???!!!". :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No shit!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: that is funny....lol

Man, i ordered from Rock solid amps a lot in those days, oufff. My first order was, and i am not kidding, an ISP sub, a Framus Cobra with the matching cab, and a Framus Dragon with the matching cab!!!!!!!! Derek was like holy shit dude, your going full on man!!!!!

Man, you should of seen the Fedex guy in my driveway unloading all that shit..lol. I did not sleep for two days playing with all that stuff.

Good ol days. Only have the ISP now. That was 20 years ago. Damn time flys.

Back