Can the BE 100 DLX clean channel.....

I think so. Played both pretty extensively and I can get it crystal clear with moderate output hum buckers. Its a way better clean than the previous version.

tj tapper":pahatw0i said:
I think so. Played both pretty extensively and I can get it crystal clear with moderate output hum buckers. Its a way better clean than the previous version.

Good to hear, but i really like the current clean on my BE. I love a sparkling clean with no breakup. I do love a Plexi clean also. I like having both options. If the Plexi clean can have a no breakup option with the gain really low, i might be in...... :doh:

If you dime the clean channel volume and use the gain knob as a volume control it will stay clean up to about 3-4, which is pretty loud. I had the BE50 before getting the 100 and I actually prefer the clean channel on the 100 for both squeaky cleans and crunch.

I have a Peters triple channel and the clean is quite stelar with gain low and volume maxed. Stays clean quite loud. Has 6550 tubes though. Perfect.

EL 34's breakup earlier so, i am hoping they keep up with clean headroom. This why i am asking this question.

Seems it can achieve what i want. But can it get the previous clean tone, with no compromise on headroom?

Back