JJ KT77 vs Genalex KT77 Shootout

:)

Attachments

• Dos Hombres Sabios.jpg
    Dos Hombres Sabios.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,596
belensky":32qj02hy said:

Amp settings, and recording chain exactly the same, both sets set to 65mA per pair.

I don't know about you guys, but I had already two sets of JJ KT77, that dying in my Diezel Herbert, first set (that eventually I got replaced under warranty) started to make troubles after 6 mouths: one of tubes starters to glow almost like a light bulb, second set started to do the same thing after year.
I bought more expensive set of Genalex Gold Lion KT77. I hope they will work longer than JJKT77, because it's quite frustrating and expensive to retube Herbert every year.
have anyone had same problems with JJ KT77, or it's just me or some bad batch of tubes in shop?

@belensky can you give us an update about your experience until now? :)
Did u use the amp often until now? What do u think about reliability, sound, heat, etc...

Plattfuss":1z56omku said:
@belensky can you give us an update about your experience until now? :)
Did u use the amp often until now? What do u think about reliability, sound, heat, etc...
[/quote]

So far everything is great. with JJ I needed to re-bias them time to time, Genalex more stable.
I play amp everyday, at least one hour ofter way more, cause I recording some guitar parts for band.

Back