New Amp day coming up

ClintN667

The ZZounds all access pass is a blessing and a curse. Ive been itching for another hot rodded Marshall type amp since selling my Superlead so I ordered a JJ jr. as an impulse a couple weeks ago. It was pushed back until Nov 25th so I havent really been thinking about it then Saturday morning I got my shipping notice. Thankfully I have it shipping to my work so the Mrs. wont flip out. Im excited as this will be my first(and likely only Friedman)

Zzounds, MF, AMS, Sweetwater, Sam Ash, gear forums, and my local dealer... they've all cost me a lot of money and kept me a slave to my soul-sucking job.

Congrats on the JJ Jr. I haven't owned that one yet, but I've played one and it was similar to the Wildwood Taco that I had (that was awesome).

Im glad I dont have a Sweetwater account I would be in a huge hole if I did. Thankfully Zzounds has a lot of stuff I dont particular have any desire for. Sweetwater on the other hand has just about everything I would want. I agreed to work with a guy on Saturdays for the next 12 weeks which will pay for this one. Now I just need a side hustle for a new cab after this gig.

ClintN667":2q9du7co said:
Im glad I dont have a Sweetwater account I would be in a huge hole if I did. Thankfully Zzounds has a lot of stuff I dont particular have any desire for. Sweetwater on the other hand has just about everything I would want. I agreed to work with a guy on Saturdays for the next 12 weeks which will pay for this one. Now I just need a side hustle for a new cab after this gig.

Dude, Sweetwater and my local shop have cost me the most. Brutal. "36 or 48 months no interest... that's almost like getting it FREE!!!" Errrr... right? Friggin endless monthly payments.

P.S. forgot about GC. They've cost me money too.

Four payments is my limit regardless. If I can't do it then, I don't. Sam Ash does good with used shit for me, 6 months interest free if paid in full. Usually I don't need that long. Snagged my 22cal, fender concert 4x10" and a few Jackson's through the last few years. Never took more than three months so far. Only one thing at a time.

The Sweetwater card is a black hole...every now and then I check my statement and I'm like "How the hell did that add up?!" Buying smaller items here and there really adds up, not even counting the big ones, Lol.

Give us your feedback after you rock the JJ Jr for a bit. Been downsizing and have thought about selling the three 100 watt tube heads I have and just keeping the JJ Jr around if it checks the hot rodded Marshall box for me.

I will post back once I give it a test run. I want to try it through my Fryette power station as well to see how well those two work together.

The guy that I'm helping out on Saturdays is a gun enthusiasts so it's interesting to hear him talk about buying, trading, and selling guns. I guess there is a such thing as Gun Acquisitions Syndrome. The similarities in situations is pretty funny. I can talk to him about selling a piece of gear to fund another purchase and he usually has a similar situation going on. We are doing a years supply of his product over the next 12 weeks so I get an amp out of it and he gets his weekends free to go to gun shows and other stuff related to his hobby. Win-win

ClintN667":364b7tjs said:
The ZZounds all access pass is a blessing and a curse. Ive been itching for another hot rodded Marshall type amp since selling my Superlead so I ordered a JJ jr. as an impulse a couple weeks ago. It was pushed back until Nov 25th so I havent really been thinking about it then Saturday morning I got my shipping notice. Thankfully I have it shipping to my work so the Mrs. wont flip out. Im excited as this will be my first(and likely only Friedman)
I got my shipping notice last Thursday November 7th from AMS,and it arrived yesterday about 2pm..now this is after 4 months on back order list..I am glad I waited..hows yours ?

Back