Torpedo CAB M location on Pedalboard

Avi

Hi everyone,

First post here :)
I have just purchased the CAB M pedal and I have a basic question.

Where on my guitar pedalboard should I place it? is it at the end of the chain?
Before/after pedals such as Delay, Chorus?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thx!!

Teejfunkymonk":253tw1g6 said:
Second this question

I've contacted TwoNotes directly and got an answer from them.
When the CAB M comes before modulation pedals, the connection to PA, mixer, etc. will be done from the last pedal on the board and not directly from CAB M.

So let's say that CAB M is connected to a Delay pedal.
The Delay pedal will go to the mixer and NOT CAB M.

If you would like to go from the CAB M into a mixer/sound card, you will have to place it last on the pedals chain.

Let me know if this helps.

Alright i'll try to explain it better:

Cab M is your "power amp" and your "cabinet".

Put pedals before CAB M = pedals in the FX loop of an amp
effects AFTER CAB M = what we call the studio setup, when you add effects in auxiliary

If you use stereo FX, put them after the CAb M so you can keep the stereo.

But if it doesn't matter and you need the DI out or the headphones out on the CAB M, just put all the effects before. ;)

Since the 1/4 inch output is at line level, does this present a problem when connecting pedals after the Cab M? For the board I'm planning on building, my signal chain will go like this:

Origin Effects RevivalDrive-->Cab M-->Chase Bliss Thermae-->Chase Bliss Dark World-->Powered Monitor

Would this be acceptable, or should I place the Cab M at the end of the chain since I'm not running anything in stereo?

Thanks!

Hi The Schwartz,

there is a volume knob on the CAB M so if the signal is too hot for your other pedals you can adjust the level.

too hot means weird distortion in these pedals (especially if they are digital, it can happen easily).

I noticed that running my Boss DD 200 and Neunaber reverb after the CabM preserved my highs much better. Before everything was a little darker sound.

gsgard it's not surprising, it's like putting the effects in the FX loop of an amp VS in aux on the studio mixer during the mix.

guillaume_pille":1zoes6tt said:
gsgard it's not surprising, it's like putting the effects in the FX loop of an amp VS in aux on the studio mixer during the mix.
That makes sense. The CAB M Power amp is not really a power amp, just an IR model of one.

Back