WORKPLACE PERKS

BRENTrocks

So I started this new remodel job today. The customer is a guitar player, mainly acoustic, but he was showing me his main axes and he pulls out this 1979 ES 347!

He goes on to say, "I never play this thing. I cant remember the last time I had the strings changed?"

I offered to do a string change and a complete setup, no charge, and you would have thought I had given him a million dollars...lol

So I took it home today and proceeded to dive into it.

The first thing I noticed was that it had a couple high frets...took care of that. Overall, it was just dirty...the fretboard was nasty. The tuners were so loose I could unscrew them by hand. Intonation was way off. So I cleaned her up, put a new set of 10s on it, and now it plays pretty darn good!

This guitar has a really dark tone....not sure if its the pickups, or the guitar itself....my guess is the pickups. Its pretty heavy too...8.5-9 lbs

Its a pretty cool guitar, overall.

IMG_0098 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0099 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0100 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0103 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0104 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0105 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0107 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

It 'kinda' looks like it found a new home. :LOL: :LOL:

But yeah - I cleaned up a neighbors '67 Bassman amp that he used for harmonica. He had no idea what he had. I offered 'top dollar' for it.

Looks great.

My workplace perk is unlimited paid time off. Just needs a managers approval. Lots of people abuse it :doh:

I love those perks. Nice guitar! Offer him a few bucks and see if he will take it.

I got a red label Yamaha nippon gakki classical free from my divorce lawyer... In other words I bought it for $8k...

psychodave":307s517x said:
Looks great.

My workplace perk is unlimited paid time off. Just needs a managers approval. Lots of people abuse it :doh:

Sign me up and let me abuse it as well. :LOL: :LOL:

Would guess the dark tone is from Gibson typically using 300k tone and 100k volume pots around this time period. Beautiful guitar!

Always loved that guitar.

My dad had one when I was a kid and he was playin' in bands... before he became an insurance broker. :doh:

Back