Bitchin Charvel thread, let’s see them!!

I am a fan of Charvels (and Kramer’s) from 1987. I also only own white guitars, the bass is my kid’s.

YhUMnW6l.jpeg

guitarmike":1tgh6spm said:
I am a fan of Charvels (and Kramer’s) from 1987. I also only own white guitars, the bass is my kid’s.

YhUMnW6l.jpeg

Nice collection. Ya' gotta like white superstrat.

I picked up a USA DeMartini a little while back. I also have the Pro Mod version which I may be selling soon. Here's a pic of the USA model -

JRpIemA.jpg

Just picked this one up. MIM... Its pretty damn good! Although the Distortions were not really sound too good to me in it. The Bridge sound quite brittle on the top end. So a swapped a A2 mag for the ceramic and it smokes now! Also put a jazz in the neck!

Attachments

• 857A6AD5-89F3-4260-BA4A-B6568B1D9DC4.jpeg
    857A6AD5-89F3-4260-BA4A-B6568B1D9DC4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,348
psychodave":2cb67pb8 said:
glip22":2cb67pb8 said:
Dealer was not aware it was a Masterbuilt Cert fwiw. After I got it, I asked for the cert. It came in from Charvel as a Masterbuilt.
It's unreal. Has a bite in the tone I didn't hear from my other Custom Shops or USA's. All Koa body. Killer flamed neck that looks like a piece of marble.

It’s really cool. How heavy?

I had a Koa GMW... even had a Koa neck made by Mike Shannon. It sat in a hot garage in TX and the neck warped. The guitar sounded killer. Too bad.
It's a over 8 but I don't care. It sounds killer and the neck is great!

Webb":3scvlbeb said:
I picked up a USA DeMartini a little while back. I also have the Pro Mod version which I may be selling soon.

How do they compare? I have been considering a Pro Mod snakeskin as a future purchase. I've got a few Pro Mods, and have been pretty happy with them.

How is that RTM pickup, btw?

3cDg4Hy.jpg

My Pro Mods (MIJ, MIM, MIA) and their USA Jackson cousin, Adrian Smith sig.

OmlxNh7.jpg

I recently put the Pagan Gold So Cal back to the stock pickguard, but with a PAF Joe in the neck and Gravity Storm in the bridge.

It's hard to beat a great Charvel.

I love Les Pauls, traditional Strats and Telecasters too, but all these years later, I still find that my Charvels are the most fun to play.

Zygf6qFl.jpg

YOmzhPAl.jpg

jOyVifUl.jpg

2016 Music Zoo Nitro Aged Custom Shop... The first non-Les Paul that made me put my Les Pauls down. Dimarzio Transition neck, Mojotone Tomahawk (very underrated pickup) in bridge. CTS push/ pull to coil split neck. Lots of birdseye in the neck.

ljPlvHPl.jpg

jet66":ugplpsf5 said:
Webb":ugplpsf5 said:
I picked up a USA DeMartini a little while back. I also have the Pro Mod version which I may be selling soon.

How do they compare? I have been considering a Pro Mod snakeskin as a future purchase. I've got a few Pro Mods, and have been pretty happy with them.

How is that RTM pickup, btw?

Actually the 2 guitars are a lot closer than the difference in price would make you think. The finish is remarkably similar on each. Maybe a drop more detail in the US model and I do like the matching headstock, but that’s more superficial than anything. The RTM pickup is the same in each. I like it. Kind of like a beefed up JB. Overall, you really can’t go wrong with the Pro Mod.

Anyone tried a hardtail Charvel?
I have a floyd one, interested to hear about any tone or feel/string tension differences?

Back