Quick CAB-M Question

skhan007

Hi Guys- I'm new here and purchased my CAB-M upon release earlier this year. I'm a lifelong tube amp player and this is my very first venture into cab sims/IRs.

Question: I realize that some software updates allow for two mics now, which is great, but will the software evolve to allow me to mic two different speakers at once? For example Prime A is a G12H30 and Alinico Blue and only the G12H30 is miced. I've read there might be a solution of buying a 3rd party IR that is the mix of both speakers, but then 3rd part IRs don't allow me to move around mics. Any suggestions? Will the software eventually be updated for the micing of two speakers simultaneously?

I don't know the real answer to your question, but for the time being you can get some of the sound by having one (or two) of the mics far from the speaker. Well, you had probably thought of it already, but...

Thanks- yeah, tried that, but not quite what I’m after. I did notice that with third party IRs, you can have I.R.-A and I.R.-B running simultaneously, although no miking adjustments, but perhaps that’s the only way to play two different speakers simultaneously.

Back