Bitchin Charvel thread, let’s see them!!

Webb":1xoh513g said:
jet66":1xoh513g said:
Webb":1xoh513g said:
I picked up a USA DeMartini a little while back. I also have the Pro Mod version which I may be selling soon.

How do they compare? I have been considering a Pro Mod snakeskin as a future purchase. I've got a few Pro Mods, and have been pretty happy with them.

How is that RTM pickup, btw?

Actually the 2 guitars are a lot closer than the difference in price would make you think. The finish is remarkably similar on each. Maybe a drop more detail in the US model and I do like the matching headstock, but that’s more superficial than anything. The RTM pickup is the same in each. I like it. Kind of like a beefed up JB. Overall, you really can’t go wrong with the Pro Mod.
Thanks for the info! I've also been eyeing an Ibanez JIVA10, but I've heard the quality can be hit or miss, and what people are calling 'mahogany' is actually nyatoh. (And not worth the premium price being made of this wood as well as being built in Indonesia.)

I should be adding another pic soon: The Super Stock Model 2 I pre-ordered months ago just shipped.

78266101_10163460713410377_4842155715877404672_n.jpg

Huge thanks to psycodave, this was owned by a forum member we lost recently and this was one of his. Wish Jer and his family find peace. They couldn't ask for someone better than psycodave to help them out, God bless brother :rock: RIP :rock:

Attachments

• 20191208_152843.jpg
    20191208_152843.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 619
[No message]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191208-233058_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-233058_Gallery.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 545
  • Screenshot_20191208-233039_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-233039_Gallery.jpg
    905.5 KB · Views: 545
Charvel thread, yum!

I don't have any great pics of mine, probably have more videos than photos honestly, but here's my custom shop and now 10 year old US Pro Mod (she's aging nicely!)

Custom-Charvel.jpg

2009-US-Charvel.jpg

exo-metal":30homant said:
Huge thanks to psycodave, this was owned by a forum member we lost recently and this was one of his. Wish Jer and his family find peace. They couldn't ask for someone better than psycodave to help them out, God bless brother :rock: RIP :rock:

GREAT color!

Fiesta Red":1n8xv49j said:
Crunchity":1n8xv49j said:
Charvel thread, yum!
Custom-Charvel.jpg

Whoa! What's this paint job called? It's incredible!
Thanks! I think they called it "from hell" because it was actually burned ("artistically" lol). All I knew was I loved the look and mocha color. Also, I liked that they only did 5 with this method and each one was obviously unique...so it's truly a one of a kind finish. The real star is the neck tho - goes without saying, anyone that's ever played a CS Charvel knows, the necks are insanely silky. Thanks again.

They are MIM. Quality is good, not as ‘finished’ in places like the trem spring cavity as older Pro Mods, but the outward aesthetics are well done. Fir example, the rear route under the springs is unfinished wood and the control cavity doesn’t appear to use shielded paint. My MIA and MIJ Pro Mods have finished rear routes and shielded control cavities. Playability is good so far, fret ends are nice and smooth, no sharp edges. The neck feels good. The string alignment is good. Cavity covers are plastic, seems to be common on newer MIMs.

Back