Torpedo Remote 5.1.1 pan control

Blues101

Hello, I have recently updated to Windows 10 and the new Remote 5.1.1, with my Torpedo Studio.

I'm having trouble with two things, the first one is that the "pan" control of channel A and channel B seems to do nothing. I always hear the same in both speakers (both channels are always in center position, the pan control does not change anything).

The other issue I have is that displaying the "User IR" menu to see the impulse responses takes many seconds to appear and then dissapears, I can´t really choose between items easily.

Could you please help me.

Best regards.

Finally solved it by myself... I had the AES input in the interface in stereo mode instead of two channels panned hard left and right...

The other issue is because it takes a lot of time to display the impulse directory if there are a lot of subdirectories... the only solution I see is to change the IR directory to one with fewer items to display.

Hi Blues,

The other issue is because it takes a lot of time to display the impulse directory if there are a lot of subdirectories... the only solution I see is to change the IR directory to one with fewer items to display.

we do our tests with 1000's of IRs in directories, and it's pretty instant. The directory is rebuilt every time you click to select an IR (in case you made a change between 2 clicks, we have to do it) and also the search engine has to parse the entire directory.

Just to give me an idea, how many Irs do you have in the main folder?

If I consider all the different sampling rates and lengths of the impulse responses in the subfolders, more than 6.500...

Isn't the problem that you can't have subfolders (with IRs in them) in the chosen IR folder? That's how I have understood it.

yrdjuret":2tj0u79g said:
Isn't the problem that you can't have subfolders (with IRs in them) in the chosen IR folder? That's how I have understood it.

No, the thing is that if you have thousands of IR, the process of displaying and refreshing the User IR panel folder gets slow.

Subfolders are fine, it's really the number of files that slows down the process. I added that in our list for future improvements.

Back