Price check: factory Mesa IIC+ DRG w/ 105PT

cardinal

So I'm not particularly looking to sell it, but some guy claims to really wants to buy my factory short-head IIC+ DRG with the 105 PT.

What are these things actually worth? I don't really see another actual DRG like this one on the market right now. It's kind a nice amp (understatement) so I'd much rather keep it if the market is only a few thousand, but some of asking prices I've seen previously are eye-popping, and if it's actually worth that I guess I would be willing to sell to this guy.

I would say $4000-5000 is a fair price these days and depending on how badly someone wants it, it can go up from there. They have went up in value dramatically.

Out of curiosity what does the DRG stand for? I seen it a few places but I have never figured out the meaning.

ClintN667":k8p9ehtu said:
Out of curiosity what does the DRG stand for? I seen it a few places but I have never figured out the meaning.
D-Simulclass. R-Reverb. G-GEQ.

The rest:
S-60w
H-100w
K-Coliseum 180w
X-Export transformer.

sutepaj":29xeasfb said:
I would say $4000-5000 is a fair price these days and depending on how badly someone wants it, it can go up from there. They have went up in value dramatically.
:rock:
The 5K or more can be for an original, long head version DRG. The Coliseums can go for even more. 6-7K. One sold to a collector in Israel 3 yrs ago for 15K. If I remember correctly.

I'd say yours is worth 4K at a minimum since it has the 105, loaded and original. I'd ask 5K and be open to offers.

I think the 4-5k days are over. These days I’m thinking $3-4K. I struggled to sell and original 2C++ for $2,600 2-3 years ago. It wasn’t because the ++ either since Mike can remove it and make it original for like $100.

Your amp is loaded, depending on condition and the tubes that are in it I wouldn't go less than $4k...and rock that bitch while you have it :thumbsup:

psychodave":3x9diil9 said:
I think the 4-5k days are over. These days I’m thinking $3-4K. I struggled to sell and original 2C++ for $2,600 2-3 years ago. It wasn’t because the ++ either since Mike can remove it and make it original for like $100.

This +1.

$3500 if it is DEAD-MINT... and you get lucky. Gear isn't moving. Even the top shelf vintage stuff is sitting now.

Wizard of Ozz":yxy6gq0z said:
psychodave":yxy6gq0z said:

This +1.

$3500 if it is DEAD-MINT... and you get lucky. Gear isn't moving. Even the top shelf vintage stuff is sitting now.

:LOL: :LOL:
18 months ago I sold an upgraded HRG C++ for 3200. A year or a bit less before that, I sold my upgraded SRG C+ for 2600. All you need is patience. Took 2-3 wks but they both sold on Reverb.

The original will fetch more, and the Simuls even more. Coliseums? Haven't even seen one in quite a while; last one I saw listed was for 8K and in Europe. Don't know if it sold. That's pretty steep. But, go find another...less than 90 made. Rarest of the rare.
I do see some silly prices for these amps though. 4K for a non eq upgrade?? Please. I don't care who says this or that about a non GEQ model...they just aren't worth what the EQ models are. Period.

On the master's bench no less. Then ask yourself when is the last time you've ever seen one where all the magic happens :rawk:

Wizard of Ozz":fehz19zu said:
psychodave":fehz19zu said:

This +1.

Mine was dead mint. Best part I paid $2,000 for it. I paid $2,500 for an upgraded HRG (upgraded in 1984) from his friend. It came loaded with 415’s and was given another quad of new 415’s in a sealed pack. FWIW, I find the HRG with 100 transformer to sound better than the 105.

Having owned a bunch of 2C+’s, I love them, but wouldn’t pay more than $3,000 and that’s stretching it. I’m sticking with my $700 Mark IVa. :LOL: :LOL:

Last year I sold my factory RP11 105 DRG that Mike made a ++ for me for about $3800. I sold an upgraded X101 RP10 HRG C++ for $3400, and a factory RP11 105 DR for $3200. All gone through by Mike. Just as some points of comparison.

Remember if yours is original, you're looking at about $400 to have Mike go through it. They all need service at this age. I'd personally put a factory clean DRG RP11 105 short black tolex head around $3200 if it's in great condition/ no obvious issues- and that's being patient for the right buyer.

GJgo":2y6r3blw said:
Last year I sold my factory RP11 105 DRG that Mike made a ++ for me for about $3800. I sold an upgraded X101 RP10 HRG C++ for $3400, and a factory RP11 105 DR for $3200. All gone through by Mike. Just as some points of comparison.

Remember if yours is original, you're looking at about $400 to have Mike go through it. They all need service at this age. I'd personally put a factory clean DRG RP11 105 short black tolex head around $3200 if it's in great condition/ no obvious issues- and that's being patient for the right buyer.

Nice to see Mike charging more these days. I felt bad when he said $125 to mod my first one... it didn’t need a service. Next few I gave him $150.

The SR C+ he just fixed up for me came in just under 4 bills. Prices are going up. He did tell me that he's tired of seeing people flip amps he's fixed up & make a bunch of money on them. To be clear I've never made more than a couple hundred bucks on any of the ones I've sold, and maybe broken even on some others. I still love to fix them up, play them, then release them into the wild so it's worth it to me. Most guys don't want to deal with having them serviced & it doesn't bother me at all so I feel like I'm doing good things finding old Boogies and getting them good as new again!

Back