Fortin 33 Fortin Zuul Opinion Issue Problem

Simon Dorn":hp0fjk8m said:
My signal chain is: Guitar>OD9>ST9Pro+>ISP Decimator 2 (on it's intended place)>Amp.
The Noisegate should be put after the noisy devices. The other appropriate place would be the loop.
:confused:
I've always had my Decimator pedal first. No change in tone, feel, nothing. Works great. The NS2 I had long ago however shaved off some noticeable high end. But that was 10+ yrs ago; they made some changes since then I've been told.

Simon Dorn":dx9f6b02 said:
Whatever works for you - that's the way to go ;)
But doesn't it make sense to put the gate after the noise? :)
It's not. The noise is in the high gain amp? Both amps (C+ Coliseum, Monomyth modded Marshall(high gain Jose mod)) are gainy enough without boosts. But I do use one with the Mesa. Not all the time though..Still works great.

With a noisy amp i would place the amp in the loop.
But i don't like the REV F loop - and anyway the Mesa is really quiet when you don't go beyond 7 on the gain.

Simon Dorn":2hgkvezr said:
With a noisy amp i would place the amp in the loop.
But i don't like the REV F loop - and anyway the Mesa is really quiet when you don't go beyond 7 on the gain.
My Marshall has no loop, and I don't run any boost in front. But it is a 4 gain stage fire breather, and has some noise but all is quiet with the Decimator. With the C+, I could buy another to run in the loop but I don't need to since it is whisper quiet with the Decimator first in line after the guitar. I understand what you are saying, but it works perfectly the way I have it set up now. First pedal in the chain.
Works for me.

IntenseJim":3emepkbc said:
Mini Zuul in loop of my Fryette PS2 is fantastic.

I was not using the key input but then I decided to try it.
I have my guitar going into the Roach with one output into an isolation box to the mini Zuul key input and it’s fantastic.
I was getting a ground loop, but this cured it:
https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Mini-Hum ... B00BARTW3I
You can also make a custom cable with the griund cut for the key imput.

Back