Fortin Sigil

JerEvil":24q6hfqk said:
Metal1977":24q6hfqk said:
Metal1977":24q6hfqk said:
Really looking forward to the Hex Drive. Love it in the Neural amp sims. Interested to see how it translated in the real world. I meant, it's a TS so...

What you like about the Hex Drive that is different than other OD's? I'm curious about this one.
Well I base it off preferring the software version in the Nameless and NTS Suite to the Grind that’s also on those.

I saw Jason's (Killertone) Hex Drive clip yesterday, i really like the clean boost until clipping feature. Plus the Tube Screamer mid bump working as a knob makes it pretty versatile, i'm definitely getting one.
Thanks!
Yeah man. I'll have a vid of Jason;s new sig amp and the pedal from NAMM for sure.

I really dig your last year NAMM clips, i look forward to see your new stuff. :rock:

So was just reading the pumpkin is a "Hulk mod " lol in a superlead chasis...based on the Natas aparently ? So a Natas and a Marshall baby ? Pumpkin Pie ? What

the4thlast1":1tw5gdbb said:
So was just reading the pumpkin is a "Hulk mod " lol in a superlead chasis...based on the Natas aparently ? So a Natas and a Marshall baby ? Pumpkin Pie ? What

It started off as a Hulk modded Marshall but it was tweaked and reworked a couple times into a unique one off from there. I don't recall the Hulk being related to the Natas, but who knows :LOL: :LOL:

the4thlast1":10urazz5 said:

I played Jason’s Evil Pumpkin next to a Natas a few years ago. Definitely nothing alike. I wasn’t a big fan of the Natas at all at that time.

mhenson42":ker5fgyv said:
the4thlast1":ker5fgyv said:

I played Jason’s Evil Pumpkin next to a Natas a few years ago. Definitely nothing alike. I wasn’t a big fan of the Natas at all at that time.

What were your thoughts on the Pumpkin? I want to get on the list, would be great to hear from people who have played it

DeathbyButterslax":1xbzpclz said:
mhenson42":1xbzpclz said:
the4thlast1":1xbzpclz said:

What were your thoughts on the Pumpkin? I want to get on the list, would be great to hear from people who have played it

It was a long time ago, 4-5 years, my tastes have changed since then. I remember liking it. Played it through Jason’s VHT Fat Bottom cab With V30S he had I think. Was super tight and percussive and cutting. I can’t remember much more than that. I was into darker amps back then. At the time I brought my CCV and a modded JVM (MM Transformer/choke) plus we had some other amps that I can’t remember. Jason set it up so we could try the Natas and most didn’t like it next to the other amps. The JVM won they day for a few of us believe it or not. I should never have sold that one.

mhenson42":1mxtmbfo said:
DeathbyButterslax":1mxtmbfo said:
mhenson42":1mxtmbfo said:
the4thlast1":1mxtmbfo said:

It was a long time ago, 4-5 years, my tastes have changed since then. I remember liking it. Played it through Jason’s VHT Fat Bottom cab With V30S he had I think. Was super tight and percussive and cutting. I can’t remember much more than that. I was into darker amps back then. At the time I brought my CCV and a modded JVM (MM Transformer/choke) plus we had some other amps that I can’t remember. Jason set it up so we could try the Natas and most didn’t like it next to the other amps. The JVM won they day for a few of us believe it or not. I should never have sold that one.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Sounds like it’s worth the gamble to snatch one up

DeathbyButterslax":w2ukc0o8 said:
mhenson42":w2ukc0o8 said:
DeathbyButterslax":w2ukc0o8 said:
mhenson42":w2ukc0o8 said:
the4thlast1":w2ukc0o8 said:

Thanks man, appreciate it. Sounds like it’s worth the gamble to snatch one up

Yeah. I'd probably love it today. Only problem is the production EP will probably come with an orange headshell. Though that can be easily rectified as I did with my Cali....

ph08kjhh.jpg

Just my opinion but there’s no way Fortin would waste time and money on a production release of a one-off orange amp that almost no one knows or cares about.
He’s already got the Sigil and Hex drive confirmed for NAMM. That’s a ton of work and planning just for those two products alone.

Wizard of Ozz":2xhwig89 said:
sutepaj":2xhwig89 said:
What exactly is the "Fortin Grind"? I have heard this term used, but I don't really know what it means.

It is the sound your bowels make after you play the Fartin amp you just bought after reading all the hype. It begins with mild stomach discomfort, followed by spontaneous uncontrollable flatulence... reminiscent of a bad late night TacoBell $.99 bean burrito made by any angry teenager without gloves and bad personal hygiene. It ends with the emptying out of your stomach contents via projectile diarrhea when you realize you've been had... and paid far too much for an over-hyped, repackaged, non-original, lifted amp design with '90s looking aggro Afflication graphics and demonic name... that was ghost built in another country, by some other unknown, un-named amp company... finally realizing much like your stomach your wallet is also now empty.

Feel the Grind. Fartin Amplication.

(all Fartin amps are hand-built in Canada by magical elves... until our customers can prove otherwise and then we go silent)
:doh: :no: :aww:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Had to chuckle at this. Too funny.

Listen, Mike is good people that would take care of any issues personally, a few yrs back. It's too bad that this 'Fortin Army' BS marketing shit has gone the way it has. Then this 'hyper pricing' for a non original circuit that is just a rehashed Jose, or Aldrich...the unfortunate price that is paid for his brand now results in most posts here just mocking the cash grab that seems to be happening. I know he's gotta make money, capitalism, etc etc I get it. But I can't tell you how many guys here just get completely turned off by the BS marketing strategy. Guys that dare criticize? Banned from the FB page. Get the fuck outta here. Who the hell do you think you clowns are?? I've talked with Mike when I needed help guiding my tech to replace a transformer in a Cali Ceriatone yrs back; he's a super nice guy. I just can't imagine he's ok with the way his brand 'marketing' has turned off so many dudes.

Oh well. I do wish Mike well. Sounds like a cool amp that might actually be affordable.

nigelpkay":fy1toa41 said:
Just my opinion but there’s no way Fortin would waste time and money on a production release of a one-off orange amp that almost no one knows or cares about.
He’s already got the Sigil and Hex drive confirmed for NAMM. That’s a ton of work and planning just for those two products alone.

It sounds like your opinion is wrong, they’ve all but confirmed it’s happening. And I’m sure it’ll sell

DeathbyButterslax":2cx3fwr9 said:
nigelpkay":2cx3fwr9 said:

It sounds like your opinion is wrong, they’ve all but confirmed it’s happening. And I’m sure it’ll sell

Doesn’t make business sense to me, but I’ll gladly be wrong.
Many more people would be interested in a Natas/Satan, don’t know if the Sigil is that or if it’s own variation on the circuit.

DeathbyButterslax":2xwfi9hp said:
nigelpkay":2xwfi9hp said:

It is absolutely happening and Jason and I will be doing a vid of it from NAMM like we did with the Cali.

JerEvil":34nbnl8w said:
DeathbyButterslax":34nbnl8w said:
nigelpkay":34nbnl8w said:

It is absolutely happening and Jason and I will be doing a vid of it from NAMM like we did with the Cali.

Awesome can’t wait Jer, this is the one I’ve been waiting for haha

nigelpkay":8kk0tqp7 said:
DeathbyButterslax":8kk0tqp7 said:
nigelpkay":8kk0tqp7 said:

Doesn’t make business sense to me, but I’ll gladly be wrong.
Many more people would be interested in a Natas/Satan, don’t know if the Sigil is that or if it’s own variation on the circuit.

Yeah that’s fair, I just hope it doesn’t end up costing 5000usd. I hope the Sigil is a smaller Natas, even though he’s claiming it is not

Racerxrated":32bi6i7g said:
Wizard of Ozz":32bi6i7g said:
sutepaj":32bi6i7g said:
What exactly is the "Fortin Grind"? I have heard this term used, but I don't really know what it means.

It is the sound your bowels make after you play the Fartin amp you just bought after reading all the hype. It begins with mild stomach discomfort, followed by spontaneous uncontrollable flatulence... reminiscent of a bad late night TacoBell $.99 bean burrito made by any angry teenager without gloves and bad personal hygiene. It ends with the emptying out of your stomach contents via projectile diarrhea when you realize you've been had... and paid far too much for an over-hyped, repackaged, non-original, lifted amp design with '90s looking aggro Afflication graphics and demonic name... that was ghost built in another country, by some other unknown, un-named amp company... finally realizing much like your stomach your wallet is also now empty.

Feel the Grind. Fartin Amplication.

(all Fartin amps are hand-built in Canada by magical elves... until our customers can prove otherwise and then we go silent)
:doh: :no: :aww:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Had to chuckle at this. Too funny.

Listen, Mike is good people that would take care of any issues personally, a few yrs back. It's too bad that this 'Fortin Army' BS marketing shit has gone the way it has. Then this 'hyper pricing' for a non original circuit that is just a rehashed Jose, or Aldrich...the unfortunate price that is paid for his brand now results in most posts here just mocking the cash grab that seems to be happening. I know he's gotta make money, capitalism, etc etc I get it. But I can't tell you how many guys here just get completely turned off by the BS marketing strategy. Guys that dare criticize? Banned from the FB page. Get the fuck outta here. Who the hell do you think you clowns are?? I've talked with Mike when I needed help guiding my tech to replace a transformer in a Cali Ceriatone yrs back; he's a super nice guy. I just can't imagine he's ok with the way his brand 'marketing' has turned off so many dudes.

Oh well. I do wish Mike well. Sounds like a cool amp that might actually be affordable.

+1000000 to all of this.

If Fartin was just up front and mentioned somewhere that this amp is his take on "X, Y, or Z circuit..." and "the amps will be built by A or B... and assembled and shipped from whichever country"... then that would be a different thing.

Dishonest, is dishonest. And then when called out on it... the builder has nothing to say? Really?!? C'mon man. For what you are charging people, you have to be honest and up-front about what exactly they are buying, the specs, who is building it, and where it is being built.

I don't think too many people would be happy to find that their shiny new $4000 Fartin was built in China by child-labor when it wasn't disclosed before purchasing it.

I personally don't have time nor energy to deal with this sort of shady business model. To each their own.

Back