Baldacci custom build...just getting started

SUPER gorgeous build... i'm know you're geeked about it!

couple of questions...i may have missed along the way.
1. i'm sure they're his pups, what are they spc'd at
and
2. the original LP burst you posted "looked" more closely to an Ice-Tea, of sorts. you're new axe is a cherry? did you change the color, or was the LP more Cherry burst than what it appeared like in the photo? Really just curious and nosy here ;) (it may be the lighting and photos of each that make them look different) ...either way, phenomenal looking axe!

Congrats. :rock:

MrDowntown":26aw1y9z said:
SUPER gorgeous build... i'm know you're geeked about it!

couple of questions...i may have missed along the way.
1. i'm sure they're his pups, what are they spc'd at
and
2. the original LP burst you posted "looked" more closely to an Ice-Tea, of sorts. you're new axe is a cherry? did you change the color, or was the LP more Cherry burst than what it appeared like in the photo? Really just curious and nosy here ;) (it may be the lighting and photos of each that make them look different) ...either way, phenomenal looking axe!

Congrats. :rock:

Thanks bro!!

They are his pickups. They are an Alnico 2 PAF clone.

You are right. The color is more of a faded cherry burst. My biggest request was that it wasn’t a red (clown) burst. I was looking for something between an ice tea burst and a 59 burst. I think he succeeded.

She arrived today!!!

Conner did an incredible job on this build! Its everything I wanted...and more!

The neck is a beefy 50s carve. The satin finish on the back is fast and smooth. The Brazilian board looks and feels great. I left it up to Conner to pick the fretboard binding...he used curly maple and it looks fantastic...a very classy touch.

The old growth mahogany body looks incredible. I was a little apprehensive about having a satin finish on the back of the guitar, but I really like it.

The quilt top he picked out for me is absolutely amazing in person! And the burst, exactly what I was looking for!

Conner custom wound a set of Alnico II PAF clones for me....I already knew these pickups were going to sound great (he had previously made some for me) The guitar sounds incredible! Warm, rich tone! Great note definition!

I was so glad that he was able to place the controls in more of a classic LP configuration, like I wanted....his standard design has all the controls on the lower part of the body, like a Tele or a Strat.

The fretwork is great too. It sets up really well. A real joy to play! AND ITS ONLY 8.5 LBS!!!!! The case is really cool too.

I'm very pleased with this Bighorn! Conner Baldacci has a bright future ahead of him.

Thanks for all the kind words during the process of the build.

IMG_0879 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0875 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0873 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0871 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0869 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0867 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0865 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0863 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0860 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0857 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0858 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0855 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Dude that thing is damn gorgeous. I just love bound guits and necks.

Congrats!

I'd be exhausted from lack of sleep waiting for it! ?

MrDowntown":2j6dttwv said:
Dude that thing is damn gorgeous. I just love bound guits and necks.

Congrats!

I'd be exhausted from lack of sleep waiting for it! ?
Thanks bro!! I’m really diggin it!!!

Back