Scary Guitar Scam

Was just on the edge of all this myself using PayPal, such bullshit. The game has changed but some good info in there thanks Mike.

Kinda seems like he did this to himself. He’s pointing out the red flags yet he still bids AND sends money? He’s clearly experienced with online buying so why would you do that? Still no excuse for eBay and just enforces my decision not to use it anymore.

Findthetone1":2bx1i3ws said:
Kinda seems like he did this to himself. He’s pointing out the red flags yet he still bids AND sends money? He’s clearly experienced with online buying so why would you do that? Still no excuse for eBay and just enforces my decision not to use it anymore.

^ this
I can usually sniff out a scammer . If something is suspicious I walk away

This happen to me a few years ago with a Bogner Shiva that was priced too good to be true. When it was all said and done, I ending up getting my money back in about two weeks and found out the guy shipped a priority envelope to a restaurant down the street from my house.

A tracking number showed something was shipped, delivered and signed for. The USPS know where it was scanned and the carrier knows where it was delivered as well as it being a large or small package. I would have pursued this. Yet theres no mention of this.

Yes I feel like he kind of did feed into it, but it must say I am grateful that he got the word out. I think he knew that in the end he would get his money back, especially when using a credit card. I think he took one for the team to expose the fraud to us fellow gear heads.

Six Stringer":2cq71rdf said:
A tracking number showed something was shipped, delivered and signed for. The USPS know where it was scanned and the carrier knows where it was delivered as well as it being a large or small package. I would have pursued this. Yet theres no mention of this.
Dude, the entire second half of the video was exactly how he pursued this. That was literally the point of the video.

Bronco":1nrc8t90 said:
Six Stringer":1nrc8t90 said:
Dude, the entire second half of the video was exactly how he pursued this. That was literally the point of the video.

Yes. But the carrier that actually made the delivery would know if it was a large pacakge or an envelope. The shipper had to have an accomplice on the receiving end. I would have questioned the carrier. The USPS knows exactly who was on that route that day. But he makes no mention of this. The USPS can/could do more. I would have demanded the contact info from ebay on the basis of legal action.

I think the big issue here is Ebay! Isn't this why they exist, to make online purchased from private sellers safe? Glad I bailed on that shithole of a website years ago.

And the moral of the story is the same as it’s always been....if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

splatter":1nnu2nqt said:
Findthetone1":1nnu2nqt said:

^ this
I can usually sniff out a scammer. If something is suspicious I walk away

The picture and description don't match up and the seller has zero feeback.

Congrats, I will now award you with $1500 and waste countless hours trying to get it back!

:hys:

I haven't used ebay for a few years due to a similar event. I got hacked for purchases totalling around $480. I had two packages show up out of the blue with worthless items. The auction item numbers were for clothing. The transaction was through my accounts and "delivered" to my address. I didn't have the correct items in my possession to return. Zero recourse through ebay, paypal or my bank. Lesson learned. Closed paypal acct., changed banks and haven't used ebay since.

Pat6969":1rk723cp said:
I think the big issue here is Ebay! Isn't this why they exist, to make online purchased from private sellers safe? Glad I bailed on that shithole of a website years ago.

Ebay exists to make money, like every good corporation should

Metlupass2":3g6fefkp said:
He was asking for it.... 0 feedback, wrong description, wrong pics, and too good to be true price.

Exactly....dude scammed himself lol. What a jackass

Back