Scary Guitar Scam

Findthetone1":jtgvh2au said:
Kinda seems like he did this to himself. He’s pointing out the red flags yet he still bids AND sends money? He’s clearly experienced with online buying so why would you do that? Still no excuse for eBay and just enforces my decision not to use it anymore.

Another example of how youtubers get desperate for content and views.

With all the fraudulent shit going on with scams and credit cards , stealing shipments from people porches and lots more. Is anyone on here comfortable buying a guitar and having it left in your porch? No DSR? An item falsly listed , and you feel comfortable someone is competent enough to pack and ship the thing yet they dont even know wtf it is? Personally if someone doesnt know the gear they are selling I feel confident they aren't going to care about packing it worth a shit either. As well , I feel USPS offers the worst tracking out of the available shipping methods. Someone would have had to answer where the package was delivered regardless. If your going to take chances with sellers that really dont know gear are you going to be surprised if it's not what you think it is? Falsely listed means your thinking you know what it is since the seller doesn't? Cant see how that's Ebay's fault. They dont patrol every listing and maybe you flag the item it gets corrected. I sure as hell wouldn't buy it. So this dudes video is IMO stupid. Go to USPS, ask where the shipment was delivered, ask for the weight of the object and maybe then you have some evidence to get PayPals attention. If you buy a suspect item and it isnt what you thought it was supposed to be that's PayPal fault? Or Ebay's? Sounds like the buyers fault. Evidence is what will be the only thing they can side with. When all the evidence shows it was delivered with no DSR even required , nothing left to pursue. Ignorant and risky purchase from the buyer period.

thisguy":3rxvg0u3 said:
Findthetone1":3rxvg0u3 said:
Kinda seems like he did this to himself. He’s pointing out the red flags yet he still bids AND sends money? He’s clearly experienced with online buying so why would you do that? Still no excuse for eBay and just enforces my decision not to use it anymore.

Another example of how youtubers get desperate for content and views.

While I do agree, I would rather give him a view/like for his dumbassery than have it happen to someone and them get screwed. Yes he asked for it and was dumb but got awareness out there.

I realize that it counters opinion on here, but I view it as "taking one for the team". IMO YMMV.

Right! Not meaning to disrespect the OP by any means! I agree it's good to know and keep your eyes open. But as well, purchasing a falsly listed item, not sure I'd get on that page ever!

Multiple reality checks with this guy.
1) Buys a guitar with the wrong pics, 0 feedback seller and goes ahead and buys it anyway, knowing it's not right.
2) Uses USPS for shipping, they're the worst for signatures, ID, etc. You could be Nancy Pelosi signing for Donald Trump and they wouldn't care one bit.
3) Has so much online experience he makes a questionable (at best) buy, and is surprised when he gets scammed.

I'm sorry, Troglodite guy set himself up for this.

The rest of it for buying I agree with. I always use a credit card, not a debit card, and I never use PayPal balance funds unless I know the seller PERSONALLY, or is a friend.

This guy really set himself up for this, and frankly he's a few cans short of a six pack for making the purchase.

I've been buying online from eBay and using paypal/cc funds since 1997. I got scammed once for a Les Paul Jr. guitar case, but in the end, I wound up getting my money back from Fedex for returning it (wasn't a Junior case) it with insurance, and they got scammed when the seller said to deliver it to his side yard and leave it (dumb move Fedex). He claimed it got stolen but he was allowed to change the delivery location without asking me. I also got reimbursed by the credit card company, so I actually made out double, but it was a long hassle of forms, pictures, statements, etc.

Long story short, if it seems to good to be true...

100% he knew it. He was taking it completely aware, maybe to get views/subs but I still say that if he had saved one idiot from getting fucked its OK by me.

It was a stunt, likely for views/subs, but if someone learned it was beneficial. But if he got fucked I would have ZERO sympathy.

swamptrashstompboxes":3bvwb254 said:
100% he knew it. He was taking it completely aware, maybe to get views/subs but I still say that if he had saved one idiot from getting fucked its OK by me.

It was a stunt, likely for views/subs, but if someone learned it was beneficial. But if he got fucked I would have ZERO sympathy.

Exactly. I'm not going to risk $1500 for educating other people on purpose. But, some of what he put in that video was useful for others. Still, a pain in the ass experience.

Scumback Speakers":3jvig85t said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3jvig85t said:

Exactly. I'm not going to risk $1500 for educating other people on purpose. But, some of what he put in that video was useful for others. Still, a pain in the ass experience.

This x1000

Back