New EVH 50 watt Stealth

Nah, the V2 6L6 is where it's at, 'nough gain alreay man, damn. When will this ever end. Enough is enough. Bring in more crunch, not gain.....

I really want this but it doesn't mean I'll get it. I heard the estimated street price is ridiculous.

I have a V1 6L6 (not sure what they changed in V2) and love it.

Blue channel with the gain almost dimed and not boosted is some great sounding heavy crunch, and a lower gain tube in the red channel spot reigns it in perfectly and it just fucking kills.

Definitely interested in this. Curious to hear how the blue channel stacks up, as that's where the goods are on the Fender series 5150's. Def won't be paying that price for it, though.

Says the mids are re-voiced, that may hold some value. Other than that looks like marketing and a color change. I'll wait for a Marshall EVH amp.or another builder. Hope I am wrong and it is totally in a class by itself compared to the other 5153 versions 1, 2, 3, and S and now 50S, I am not slamming the 5153, I've just never been ok with all 3 channels. 2 are good and the 3rd I couldn't ever dial in.ymmv

D-Rock":rizmu6ze said:
I really want this but it doesn't mean I'll get it. I heard the estimated street price is ridiculous.

Blue channel with the gain almost dimed and not boosted is some great sounding heavy crunch, and a lower gain tube in the red channel spot reigns it in perfectly and it just fucking kills.

V2 has the separate gain and volume pots for channel 1 and 2. Hell of a great feature, sold my V1 cause of that the first time around. This one is staying. I run it with a Boss MS3 and it is the most easy to carry and versatile rig i ever had. Love this setup.

I get the love for the blue channel, but I don't get the hate for the red channel (on the OG, haven't tried the Stealth). With it, it's the first time I haven't felt the need to use a tube screamer to reach the saturation levels or tightness that I like. Admitedly, I use EMG 81's which aren't all that hot to begin with. I'm sure the red channel also works great with mid-output pickups like those EVH Wolfgangs have.

Certainly doesn't sound like the gain is uncontrollable here:

love the red channel. dial it in with your ears and not just using your normal settings on other amps. my gain is set super low and it sounds great. you can also put 5751 preamp tubes in v1-3 for lower gain on that channel.

sleewell2":2g9woiag said:
love the red channel. dial it in with your ears and not just using your normal settings on other amps. my gain is set super low and it sounds great. you can also put 5751 preamp tubes in v1-3 for lower gain on that channel.

I was thinking about getting one of these amps. Your suggestions for the amp settings and the use of the lower gain 5751 preamp tubes in the V1 - V3 position for lower gain on Channel 3 is a great idea! I'll keep this in mind, if I try one out or decide to buy this amp.

7 Stringer":223ibejv said:
D-Rock":223ibejv said:

V2 has the separate gain and volume pots for channel 1 and 2. Hell of a great feature, sold my V1 cause of that the first time around. This one is staying. I run it with a Boss MS3 and it is the most easy to carry and versatile rig i ever had. Love this setup.
Oh yeah I knew about that, I thought there was maybe something else I missed.
I don't use the clean though on this amp, so that feature means nothing to me.

Rex Rocker":3udm6gas said:
I get the love for the blue channel, but I don't get the hate for the red channel (on the OG, haven't tried the Stealth). With it, it's the first time I haven't felt the need to use a tube screamer to reach the saturation levels or tightness that I like. Admitedly, I use EMG 81's which aren't all that hot to begin with. I'm sure the red channel also works great with mid-output pickups like those EVH Wolfgangs have.

Certainly doesn't sound like the gain is uncontrollable here:
My opinion as well. I've never compared the OG red channel to the Stealth, but I've heard the Stealth has slightly more. I find the gain sweet spot on Stealth red channel between 3-4 and find it sounds killer in that range for heavy riffing and leads, just like in that video. I get that it isn't a very usable range of gain and having a less extreme taper would add some versatility to that channel, but I find it controllable. And like you said, no TS needed for tightness and saturation. Then get the volume up and it opens up and thumps really good.

Funny I was just listening to an old Unearth CD yesterday and I actually think Susi's old VHT tone was WAY better than the Stealth.

D-Rock":1pxpuoa5 said:
Funny I was just listening to an old Unearth CD yesterday and I actually think Susi's old VHT tone was WAY better than the Stealth.

Yes, on In the eyes of fire, that tone on that album is awesome. Very tight and percussive, VHT Deliverance on there.

7 Stringer":zdqc9xtx said:
D-Rock":zdqc9xtx said:

Yes, on In the eyes of fire, that tone on that album is awesome. Very tight and percussive, VHT Deliverance on there.

I saw that tour also. Sounded exactly like the album, except at like 200db, lol.

Shask":2hfms31n said:
7 Stringer":2hfms31n said:
D-Rock":2hfms31n said:

I saw that tour also. Sounded exactly like the album, except at like 200db, lol.

Yeah me too, saw that tour. Was wicked. The tone was amazing, and 200db too!!!! Lol

Was so articulate, notes are so defined and punchy. A really special tone. Love it.

7 Stringer":2hnldh3l said:
D-Rock":2hnldh3l said:

Yes that's the album I was listening to. Good stuff.

Back