What can I do about this Floyd?

Matt300ZXT

I've got a guitar and the Floyd on it needs a little attention. Best I can tell it's an Original Floyd Rose, but only says Floyd Rose on the base plate. The 2 e-strings don't really have as much adjustability with the fine tuner. They don't really adjust as much, or it takes the fine tuner being halfway in or more before it starts adjusting the string. Does it just need to be taken completely apart and cleaned/oiled/whatever, or maybe the silver plate with the fingers on it are worn out/bent? I've had multiple Floyd from Originals, Scahllers on Jackson/Charvels, Ibanez style, Gotoh Floyds, etc and never really seen an issue like this.

Yeah just try bending the leaf springs back up before anything else. I've had that issue before

Personally I would disassemble, clean, reassemble and bend the leaf springs back and you should be fine. I say to do it all just because you can inspect everything and get a little bit of reel oil in there. I use the light oil that has a tiny metal needle that it comes out of. I will post the name later.

Also the ultrasonic jewelry cleaners work great for cleaning small parts, etc.

Well whaddaya know? The 2 e string leafs were a wee bit lower than the rest. A quick light bend back upwards and voila...it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help guys.

Back