Rev 2, What's A Fair Price In 2020 and How Many Were Made?

Pain

I'm on the fence here, Rev 2 or Twin Jett. I like great amps that are extinct but also I like new amps that aren't worn out and I have to repair back to mint condition.

What's a fair price today for a nice Rev 2 in 2020?

How many were made, hundreds or thousands?

Rev 2 with Kt88s sounded great in the clips but the Twin Jett also sounded great with Kt88s so that part doesn't seem like a big difference.

Since I'm a sucker for vintage killer amps I'm leaning Rev 2 but curious before I get hosed for say $2500 an ok condition one.

Thanks

There were about 200 Rev 2 (Green) Ubers made, and about 150 originals before that.

$1,800-2,200 is fair. $2,500 is steep IMO.

Thanks, this guy has #285 (^ v *) and claims it's been looked over.

Only having around #200 makes my vintage amp hoarder side very hungry for it.

I owned a Rev 2 and I think I sold it for $1,800 last year.

Killer, killer amp and a low end that is unmatched but I would probably get a Twin Jet over a Rev 2 if I bought another.

The Rev Blue began at #392 in August 2004 so there are 391 Greens.

There was quite the manic-fervor-Rev2-insanity a couple years back. Maybe 3-4 years or so, where I saw RIDICULOUS prices (high) for Rev2's of all ages. So long as they were Rev2 - they were commanding very stupid prices - and people were buying them.

As to the Rev2 / TwinJet contemplation. I've had both, have both, had both, have both, had both, have both...repeat as needed.

If I had to choose 1 amp between the 2, it'd be the TwinJet.
Reasoning? The Rev2 does have an INCREDIBLE special tone to it that makes it so sought after, but - and flamesuit on - that's really all it does. That one special tone. Otherwise, Ch.1 needs to be cranked to match SPLs, and most people just shove pedals into it. It's not even that great a clean, sorry, just being honest. Ch.2 is where it's at - but for how long is that where you wanna be?

I find the TJ to offer a unique voice - fucking kickass brootz - great lows - love the PurpleMod on Ch.1 (but it's not necessary) - and overall?? Way more versatile than the Rev2

YMMV, and this is solely IMHO.
Peace
Mo

Thanks, I custom ordered a Twin Jett with metal grille and KT88s, here in 9-15 weeks at $2875. New vs possible old amp issues I tend to inherite was a factor and having the KT88s for a tighter bottom with more headroom that I want in these type of amps was something Bogner will do from the factory with ther metal grille. That price though was full in and no discount available due to custom order which is a bit much for a 2 channel without midi IMO but channel 2 is killer.

Got the Uberkab so I'll see where it ranks in that world too, not really impressed by most of the cabs others love so I'll see.

Nice :thumbsup:

I run all my high-gain heads through UberKabs. They're tight, potent, clear, and thunderous - and take pretty much anything you throw at them. They may not sound as "big" at lower volumes than, say, a RearLoaded-V30 412 cab, but when you start cranking the MVs up, they really - truly - hold their own and have a perfect sonic synergy with the FL mount, the G75T + V30 mix. Love the UberKabs.

Ya, that KT88 loaded TJ is gonna break yer teeth :LOL: :LOL:

Enjoy it!
Mo

Ventura":35pugkj7 said:
There was quite the manic-fervor-Rev2-insanity a couple years back. Maybe 3-4 years or so, where I saw RIDICULOUS prices (high) for Rev2's of all ages. So long as they were Rev2 - they were commanding very stupid prices - and people were buying them.

As to the Rev2 / TwinJet contemplation. I've had both, have both, had both, have both, had both, have both...repeat as needed.

If I had to choose 1 amp between the 2, it'd be the TwinJet.
Reasoning? The Rev2 does have an INCREDIBLE special tone to it that makes it so sought after, but - and flamesuit on - that's really all it does. That one special tone. Otherwise, Ch.1 needs to be cranked to match SPLs, and most people just shove pedals into it. It's not even that great a clean, sorry, just being honest. Ch.2 is where it's at - but for how long is that where you wanna be?

I find the TJ to offer a unique voice - fucking kickass brootz - great lows - love the PurpleMod on Ch.1 (but it's not necessary) - and overall?? Way more versatile than the Rev2

YMMV, and this is solely IMHO.
Peace
Mo

How is the rev 2 on the high end?? I had a Twin Jet and I loved it to death, but I found that there was a really harsh top end on it that just hurt to play after awhile

DeathbyButterslax":3vrfcjmg said:
How is the rev 2 on the high end?? I had a Twin Jet and I loved it to death, but I found that there was a really harsh top end on it that just hurt to play after awhile
Rev2 is "perfect" for a particular tone - and a lot of this comes down to cabinet, guitar, what you want out of the package. But it's a revered amp for a reason...it really fuckin' kicks ass in the heavies department and is hard to make it sound bad IN THE heavies department.

As for the TJ, I tinker with various preamps on all my amps. I found the smoother Svetlana12AX7 was a really nice pre to use that gave it full-on teeth, bite, gnar, and brutal chew. I never had a problem with ear-fatigue on the TJ, other than with grainy Chinese tubes (not all, just some) and there was a while there where Tung-Sols were really bright. Not sure if that's the case anymore. As with the TJ, I found swapping out a couple preamp bottles made all the difference in honing the tone.

Hope that helps.

Pain":dpq1mzr5 said:
Thanks, I custom ordered a Twin Jett with metal grille and KT88s, here in 9-15 weeks at $2875. New vs possible old amp issues I tend to inherite was a factor and having the KT88s for a tighter bottom with more headroom that I want in these type of amps was something Bogner will do from the factory with ther metal grille. That price though was full in and no discount available due to custom order which is a bit much for a 2 channel without midi IMO but channel 2 is killer.

Got the Uberkab so I'll see where it ranks in that world too, not really impressed by most of the cabs others love so I'll see.
Very awesome, you will love that amp. great cab too. :rock:

The FX loop on the TJ is way better than the Rev 2 and as already stated it has a wider variety I guess. Either way I am after the brutal tones and both do it very well.

There are some comparison threads deep on here if you search author Leib10 you will find very accurate comparisons but in a quick summary IMO the Rev 2 excels at the wide open ROAR where as the TJ excels with very tight riffing. However both amps can do either or.

I do think the TJ responded better to active pickups from my experience.

Back