That dude Reza's videos

ElectricVoodoo":11s00s3u said:
Well....I just called him out on the Jackson usa group on fb

Hes selling his black soloist custom shop.
The floyd has brass tuners. The guitar didnt come with those unless it was upgraded. I asked him about it.

His response was typical but he lied..

He told me that the model came with that floyd
..as if I'm stupid enough to believe it.
In his mind, nonone knows about gear like he does.

Little does he know that I've been following gear like we all do, and have since early 80's. 83 to be exact. Anyway...

In his reverb ad, he stated that he indeed upgraded the floyd to an 84 reissue. He got annoyed that the question was asked and acted like the bitch he is.

***Edit***
He removed my question about the floyd and blocked me."

He's a shady liar. That's all there is to it. I finally caught this mother fucker. You cannot sell something as mint after you modded it. Hes a piece of shit.

He was probably busy... as you can see:

716_450.gif

What's his username here now?

Laughs and foot Fetish aside, I still don't consider that 'good' tone.

I love how he has is followers kissing his ass in the videos comment section or maybe kissing his feet...

Kagami":2j3f8yqk said:
Kapo_Polenton":2j3f8yqk said:
His video above of the SLO reminds me of what I didn't like... for a guy who is such a pro he has shit audio. I remember telling him that (in nicer words) and he didn't like it because his ears are golden. He needs to learn how to place a mic because dead on isn't the only place to put them nor is jammed up to the grill. So yeah as I had eluded to, he can be a prick and he is def. not an authority. He might be good for listening to amps though, that's fine. Just go watch his vids and don't bother posting.
Yep it sounds like straight in front of the dust cap, if he offset it some it'd lose a lot of the high end fizz and shrill.

That's the #1 Reason i can't watch his clips. I've watched a Few "Pickup" Demos which were recorded with an IPhone capturing the Room tone & i greatly prefer those. Less shrill & Fizzy.

The shrill and fizz of his clips wreck it for me TBH.

And him showing off his skill with a bunch of palm muting? Lol. I guess he knows how to use a pick. I wonder about his left hand technique. Lol

swamptrashstompboxes":2dv2m4si said:
The shrill and fizz of his clips wreck it for me TBH.

And him showing off his skill with a bunch of palm muting? Lol. I guess he knows how to use a pick. I wonder about his left hand technique. Lol

I find myself slightly intrigued by the pickup demos he does but that's it. I'm not even in the same ball park in terms of Money that the guy has, to be able to buy any of the stuff he owns. The only nice thing i can say is that his Custom ESP Horizon 6 String is AMAZING!!

I guess it all just depends on what you're used to doing. Cell phone vids or "in the room" demos, I don't find all that helpful. Hardwood floors vs carpet, the size of the room...it all effects the reflections and I have no idea what I'm actually listening to. If you're used to playing live with in-ears or have done any studio work/home recording...you likely know what a 57 on the dust cap of a V30 sounds like. Factoring that in, I find that with a close mic'd recording I can WAY more easily gauge what an amp sounds like than I can with an iPhone sitting off to the side of someone's cabinet. Sure, Reza's videos are kind of bright....but pop those tones into a mix and they're likely perfect. When I listen to his videos, I just assume that I'd lo-pass them a little in the track and be pretty much ready to go. For me at least, his videos are way more honest/helpful when shopping than something that's been EQ'd to death.

But, I'm admittedly an idiot.

He's got a lot of nice amplifiers. Unfortunately, he cranks the preamp to the point where it's impossible to get an idea of what they actually sound like.

Don't know Reza, don't care. Just wondering if some of the people here would be so kind as to post their demos so I can see how it's done. Thanks.

Tonelover":2im54ckd said:
Don't know Reza, don't care. Just wondering if some of the people here would be so kind as to post their demos so I can see how it's done. Thanks.
Love that Baron amp! :thumbsup:

Tonelover":mrkap1yf said:

You see quite a few good clips on a regular basis here. Personally I am not massively into recording, I enjoy playing more, and playing with other musicians.

TBH I will likely do more clips whenever I end up getting a Two notes product, because for me that $500 captor X fills my needs better than $500 worth of microphones that don't even get you very far into the wormhole of mics.

He is the classic case of the fat kid and the ice cream cone.
Nah nah you cant have it....

He seeks approval and forces it. He lacked confidence and acceptance in his youth, so now he is in control.

His YT and FB page for advanced gear...its not for people alike to gather, rather it is him showing people HIS toys.

Believe me or dont. He is a basic profile that is very common.
Nothing ever wrong with having issues, its when you dont confront them and resolve them.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend people!!

Did sound good. The pop ups of
‘Told ya so’ seemed kinda childish.
But one of his better vids. Wish I saw some bare feet though.

Tonelover":214ek4ld said:
Same. I'm new here and don't know the full story, but he sure did piss a lot of people off. Besides this is far more entertaining that any TV drama I've seen.

I agree though, it would be nice to hear more clips, so here's a quick one of my VH4. First is close mic'd, second is just room mic. I think the latter sounds awful but it's there for those that don't like the close mic'd sound.

https://clyp.it/lcoa3kqj?token=0bdca6eee4859c436f4c9cc94d634abe

https://clyp.it/xkyqbm2c?token=1b9bf7c56c1ba60e892e9294d3631468

It's hard enough to record a tone that is self-satisfactory, let alone knowing what everyone else wants to hear! So some will like it (maybe), some will hate it (definitely). Recorded tone is even more subjective than in-person tone :rock:

Back