Suggestions for upgrades to a Genesis RG

JKingV2

Hi all.. I bought a new Genesis RG550 a while back. It's been a great guitar and got even better once I upgraded the pots to 500k's and threw in an EVO pickup set. Any other suggestions on upgrade?

Attachments

• IMG_6577.jpeg
    IMG_6577.jpeg
    988.3 KB · Views: 238
I’m sure the EVH’s are good, but for mine I added a Dimarzio Evolution set to have a poor man’s Ibanez Jem. Sounded killer. Another thing that I think is to get a swirl paint job, can be pretty cool sometimes

Not mine, just an example:
hqdefault.jpg

Man to each their own, and more power to ya....but respectfully, man those stickers covering up that pretty finish. Maybe the new ones don't do like the old ones(I have a purple neon rg550 1992)...that has the flip flop blue/purple. It's your guitar, don't mean to dis your axe there....makes me sad to see it covered up! :LOL: :LOL:

EVOs are a good fit for the guitar....I went the Air Zone, area 61, paf joe route. One change I did was taking the tone pot out...gave a bit more output and more sparkle. Also upgraded to the switch to an oak superswitch(also upgraded to quality wiring inside). Love this guitar so much. It's what my handle is named for! Congrats on the guitar!

49928862752_d5297b0a5c_b.jpg

49928862732_5e1519b74b_b.jpg

27742867028_66aefbc940_b.jpg

Back