That dude Reza's videos

Tonelover":2rv41w9s said:
Don't know Reza, don't care. Just wondering if some of the people here would be so kind as to post their demos so I can see how it's done. Thanks.

My Youtube channel is in my signature, mostly iPhone recordings. You're more than welcome to A/B them to Reza's "Pro recorded and mic'd" clips.

Also I am not a Reza hater, I thought he was nice and helpful when I dealt with him. I am just not a fan of his clips and recording technique.

I have no personal beef with him, but I really don't like people who have those character traits and attitudes. He acts like a kid in jr. high. The constant meltdowns on every forum, the attention seeking, and the childish attitude he has. He behaves like a 13 year old rich spoiled kid. I don't like people like that.

TBH I am not a fan of his clips. They do not catch the tone that I see and hear from those amps. Maybe my ear is different but they don't sound good to me. Very few.

His YT and FB page for advanced gear...its not for people alike to gather, rather it is him showing people HIS toys.

That hits the head on the nail for me.

Mailman1971":r9bk8new said:
Did sound good. The pop ups of
‘Told ya so’ seemed kinda childish.
But one of his better vids. Wish I saw some bare feet though.

Agree...i enjoyed the tones also. That C+ is nasty for sure.
I was so disappointed in the mark V 35 i got last year.
Even the touch response was horrible.

If mesa reissued this C+ property, id be all over it.

That was a amp I mentioned was fs. No one pursued it until it was posted again by Blake. Btw that amp was mint af.

I’m sure he still hovers here under another account.
No problem here. :thumbsup:
Seems kinda silly to me. But that’s him. Not me.

ElectricVoodoo":3w0hjcx4 said:
I'll give him credit where its due.
The guy has made tons of videos with interesting gear and has gathered a large following on YT. Manages to get amp builders to send him products to demo. He's put in the time for sure. Can't knock him for that.

He is a freak though with his collection of pics of girls feet and weird threads on fetish sites. Searching for lesi vids, a reply popped up about the womens feet and it was him. I had to research lol
To each their own I guess.

I don't know him, so can't really comment on that, but a person having weird fetishes, as long as it doesn't involve anyone else getting hurt against their will, doesn't really qualifies as evidence for them automatically being lesser human beings or a bad person in any possible way whatsoever in my book.

Stalking other people, or at least doing a serious effort to stick ones nose into their private matters, to find smut on them so they can expose them on public forums does though.

To each their own indeed!

Baloney Balderdash":1m0dhgts said:
... a person having weird fetishes, as long as it doesn't involve anyone else getting hurt against their will doesn't really qualifies as evidence for them automatically being lesser human beings or a bad person in any possible way whatsoever in my book.
Being a libertarian, I have to say you nailed it, bro'. :thumbsup:

Baloney Balderdash":przoz5nk said:
I don't know him, so can't really comment on that, but a person having weird fetishes, as long as it doesn't involve anyone else getting hurt against their will, doesn't really qualifies as evidence for them automatically being lesser human beings or a bad person in any possible way whatsoever in my book.
What are you wearing?

JackBootedThug":2oomrkj6 said:
and Reza is no Josh Parsley......that's for o.g. rigtalk members.....
Should rename this thread, ‘Reza Doesn’t Know Tone’

Sick Squid":1r2p8pti said:
Baloney Balderdash":1r2p8pti said:
What are you wearing?

The usual, you know, a green baseball cap, a black leather vest, a short purple velvet skirt, red nylon stockings, brown suede slippers, and nothing else.

What did you have for breakfast?

Nitrobattery":1xyfifez said:
I guess it all just depends on what you're used to doing. Cell phone vids or "in the room" demos, I don't find all that helpful. Hardwood floors vs carpet, the size of the room...it all effects the reflections and I have no idea what I'm actually listening to. If you're used to playing live with in-ears or have done any studio work/home recording...you likely know what a 57 on the dust cap of a V30 sounds like. Factoring that in, I find that with a close mic'd recording I can WAY more easily gauge what an amp sounds like than I can with an iPhone sitting off to the side of someone's cabinet. Sure, Reza's videos are kind of bright....but pop those tones into a mix and they're likely perfect. When I listen to his videos, I just assume that I'd lo-pass them a little in the track and be pretty much ready to go. For me at least, his videos are way more honest/helpful when shopping than something that's been EQ'd to death.

But, I'm admittedly an idiot.

I agree. I don't follow Reza at all and barely know the history, but his demos are good. Cellphone clips tell nothing at all about the amp. It's like trying to observe a painting by looking at a black & white photograph of it, through a greasy kaleidoscope.

Monkey Man":3skuei5t said:
Baloney Balderdash":3skuei5t said:
... a person having weird fetishes, as long as it doesn't involve anyone else getting hurt against their will doesn't really qualifies as evidence for them automatically being lesser human beings or a bad person in any possible way whatsoever in my book.
Being a libertarian, I have to say you nailed it, bro'. :thumbsup:

Doesn't matter what party side your on, this is truth.

psychodave":1m8qd114 said:
acalaf":1m8qd114 said:
that C++ demo just pwned this forum.

Not really. I sold off all of my 2C++ amps 5 years ago. Old news. That said a lot of his clips are still good.
Totally agree. His clip is good, but there are much better out there, including posted here recently. That being said, it’s still much better than mine, of which there are none. :LOL: :LOL:
I honestly think that when Reza was here, he was an asset to the forum. He was very snarky, overly opinionated, and extremely thin skinned, but he was a good contributor of clips, knowledge, and gear sales. I got into it with him a few times, but nothing major, so I don’t harbor any animosity toward him. I thought the racial attacks on him before he left were despicable, and there was no reason to go there....
I am by no means defending his spoiled brat persona, editing/removing negative comments, going barefoot in videos :bleh:, or any other douchebaggish behavior mentioned here. You get what you give, and he’s getting it. I personally think all this shit is hilarious, especially him posting our comments on his video. I laughed my balls off when I saw my comment on there! :LOL: :LOL: So Reza, if you’re out there reading this, like we know you are, you stalking, barefooted weirdo, keep on keeping on, and I hope to see more of my comments on Reza’s Hater Highlight Reel!!!” :rock:

psychodave":289rbqmm said:
acalaf":289rbqmm said:
that C++ demo just pwned this forum.

Not really.
+1. I'm listening on Beyer DT990 Pro cans and the highs are quite strident to my ears.
Very recently someone else did a few 2C+ clips that were really good and not as bright.

HAHA. no. I was obviously being facetious. But his whole thread is funny. The video does sound good though.

Back